Author Topic: Sandy Hook 11/13  (Read 8474 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Sandy Hook 11/13
« on: November 13, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »
Could pass up a day of fishing with this weather. Got on the road at 6:30, found the parkway ramp closed so had to take 35 down. Grabbed some bait and ice an cruised to the hook. Checked all the beaches first before picking which one to fish. Too many people for my liking at the spots I normally hit so picked beach D (I think) where the restaurant is. Tide was going out fished the trough for a while but only found a school of peanut bunker in it.

Kept my eye on the horizon and could see some bunker pods being hit but of course I left the snag hooks in the car. once the tide was all the way low, I got pretty far out on the bar and in range of the pods. Had a hookup on a white SP minnow but came undone. Played a little more with poppers then tossed our a bunker chunk but not luck. Not another tap for a couple hours

Still watching the horizon I saw a line of bunker pods starting to make their way back so I ran to get the snag hooks. Never did it since I always forgot to buy them at the tackle shop so today was a training day. I snagged a bunker and let it sit a minute or two, starts going nuts, Then gets off. Happened a bunch more times before the line of pods passed.

I decided to snag some that were stuck in the trough and live-line them. the 2 that managed to stay alive from the snag got eaten right up but didn't get the hook set. Called it a day around 2:30. Back at it again tomorrow. haven't decided surf or party boat

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Sandy Hook 11/13
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 05:10:38 PM »
Sounded like a fun day t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:40:34 PM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 12:02:02 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »
Good effort too bad you couldn't get one on ice.
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
yeah it's been a tough year fishing for me. went out the next day and it was completely dead. worked from sandy hook down to point pleasant. only saw a couple bait pods being worked on by boats around Asbury park. rinsed the gear off and cleaned the car out finally. now starting to make some plans for the spring run. lol

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 06:57:34 AM »
 t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-