Author Topic: Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Wahoo  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Capt. Zsak

• Top Shot Fishing
  • Sponsor
Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Wahoo
« on: November 26, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Topshotfishing and Capt. Zsak

Brothers, Bob and Chuck Holden, chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  Bob is the owner and Manager of the resort, River House Marina in Moore Haven, Florida – here is their website https://www.riverhousemarinallc.com/home.html.  As the brothers boarded the boat, they were welcomed by the Topshotfishing Team. 

Over previous phone conversations, Bob requested that I order him live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait so we stopped on our way out to get the bait.  We started out trolling with two #8 plainers, one with a blue mylar sea witch and the other with a blue and pink sea witch – both with double hooked Bonito strips.  For surface baits, we went with two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips.   

As we started to troll, I could see some birds working the area to the east in 250 ft. of water.  Left plainer rod!!! As the rod tip bounced up and down and the line exited the reel at a fast rate, Dave, our mate, looked up at me and smiled while I nodded my head “yes” – we both knew it would be a Wahoo.  Chuck was our angler – as he brought the fish closer to the boat, I could tell that Dave and I were right – it was a Wahoo.  Dave gaffed the Wahoo and put the 28 lb. Wahoo in the boat, saying, “welcome aboard the Happy Day Today.

We set up again and trolled in the same area.  Right short!!!! Rod tip bouncing up and down again as the line exited the rod at a fast pace.  In my mind I was thinking, “Is it another Wahoo??”  Bob was our angler with this fish – the tug of war went back and forth – line in, line out and so forth.  I saw colors - it was a large torpedo sitting in the water – Wahoo!! And a big one!!!  Now it was Dave’s turn to have the tug of war with the Wahoo as he grabbed the leader and the Wahoo took it back.  “There is your shot Dave, take it” – as Dave gaffed the Wahoo and put him in the boat.  It’s razor sharp teeth were snapping and the anglers exited the cockpit to avoid getting injured – a 61” Wahoo weighing 60 lbs.  Congratulations to the angler and mate for doing a great job. 

From there we decided to do some live bait fishing.  With no wind to put the kites up, we dragged the live baits from the riggers.  The two bothers took turns bringing in one Tuna, one Bonito and two Kingfish – one of the Kingfish weighing 26 lbs. 

It was time to head back to the dock.   The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar located at 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.   

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net   Website:  www.topshotfishing.com

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Wahoo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 03:21:38 PM »
 t^ .....  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Wahoo
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »
Nice Fish
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-