Author Topic: 2 Fluke @ 19 inches next year?  (Read 5454 times)

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
2 Fluke @ 19 inches next year?
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
Re: 2 Fluke @ 19 inches next year?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »
Thanks Fluke --we will have to watch THis one--isn't that what they did in NY 2 years ago???

Pirate flags are still only $1.00 each--LOLOLOL

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/south-jersey-fishermen-plan-to-fight-proposed-flounder-restrictions/article_15c1546b-d09b-5c8e-83a3-233570eb7ff3.html

ALSO-- This is exact to -What we agreed 3 years ago what would happen   thd rgmn ??? nts
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:57:20 AM by IKAT »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »
  HAHHAH  yea right.. That would be 4 at 9.5" each for me..

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »
I think we can all agree the regulations must be based on the "best available science." That science says that the vast majority (>90%) of fluke over 18" are female. Based on that, it is prudent to enact a slot limit to help preserve the big girls so they can produce fine future flatfish families.

I'd bet 5 fish/day, between 16"-18", wood help everyone including Fiona Flukiemom.

Or even better; 4 slot fish 16"-18" and one over 22" in case you want to keep a "monster."

Write your legislator.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:03:04 PM by wb »

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »
22" a monster :headscra:
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:55 PM »
What effect does replenishing the beaches have on the stock? Wrecking the bottom has to have a negative effect.  5hrug

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »
i feel bad for the Charters and party boats.  Paying $120-$150 plus tip for 2 fluke just doesn't seem worth it.. I think I rather use that money for fuel for my boat and target multiple species for the day. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 09:19:43 PM »
Immediately following the January 5 meeting of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council in Galloway Township, New Jersey anglers will get a first chance to weigh in on the newly approved fluke options for 2017.

By Jim Hutchinson, Jr.  |  December 20, 2016

On January 5, 2017 at 6:30 p.m., New Jersey anglers and recreational fishing industry reps will get their first chance to respond to the newly approved options for the 2017 summer flounder season.

The Summer Flounder Draft Addendum XXVII voted on by the Mid Atlantic Fishery Management Council (Council) and Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (Commission) on December 14, 2016 features a series of potential options for the upcoming fluke season, ranging from two fluke at 19 inches to three at 18 inches, with allowable days ranging from upwards of 107 days down to a paltry 81 days.

The official New Jersey hearing on the summer flounder amendment will take place immediately following the regularly scheduled meeting of the New jersey Marine Fisheries Council which takes place at 4 p.m. at the Galloway Township Branch of the Atlantic County Library at 306 East Jimmie Leeds Road in Galloway, NJ.

“I have asked for another hearing up north but this is the only one right now,” said Tom Fote of the Jersey Coast Anglers Association and Governor Christie’s appointed representative at the ASMFC.

While some see only an act of Congress or the President himself to get NOAA Fisheries to lighten up on the proposed regulations, the Christie administration in New Jersey for one is not happy with the federal decision.

“I am greatly disappointed with the actions taken yesterday by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission and the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, which will make it nearly impossible for recreational anglers to keep any summer flounder they catch,” Bob Martin said on December 15. As Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Martin said the actions set forth at the meetings in Baltimore, MD on December 14 will essentially result in a moratorium on one of the most important recreational fish species in the Garden State.

“These current and prior actions taken by the Commission and Council will cripple recreational and commercial fishing in New Jersey and will be felt sharply throughout our shore economy,” Martin said, adding “I strongly urge the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to overturn these actions and keep current regulations in effect, so that all partners can work toward a stable management approach that provides long-term conservation of summer flounder without continually placing New Jersey at a disadvantage to other states.”
http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=feature.display&feature_ID=1584&ParentCat=19

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »
I still don't know how every state can have their own limits if a Federal agency is involved  nts

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-