Author Topic: Off Season Time Killing  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Off Season Time Killing
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
Just checked out The Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg yesterday. HUGE SHOW that uses the entire farm show complex. It had damn near everything for all kinds of outdoorsmen. It runs for 9 days and I'll say if you want to see everything, you're probably going to have to stay out there for a night. My friend and I spent the majority of our time yesterday in the shooting sports hall and bass pro since I had a gift card and we had to park there anyway to take the shuttle. Highly recommend checking it out next time around. Especially if you are looking to book a destination hunting/fishing trip.

Also, been doing a "Tour De Tackle Shops" trying to get my friend ready for the approaching season while waiting for the Somerset Show and the boat shows to roll around.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:40:51 AM by Takes Prizoners »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Off Season Time Killing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 03:59:51 PM »
I used to do the Harrisburg show yearly. Then they had an issue with what could be sold and displayed and many of the sponsors/exhibitors pulled out and the show was cancelled (2013).

Happy to see that things have changed and they are having the show again. It definitely is an all day event. I may have to start attending again.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »
I vaguely remember that instance.  No guns were for sale directly at the show but most of the manufacturers were there with full firearms displays. That was mainly what I was there to check out as well as some camping stuff. And it was definitely a better experience to walk up and handle the firearms without having to wait for a salesman to call your ticket number. But my friend and I will definitely be going back next year and might just have to stay overnight to experience the full show.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »
Thanks  slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-