Author Topic: Wild Boar Hunting with Bear Bridge Ranch  (Read 4728 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Wild Boar Hunting with Bear Bridge Ranch
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
Wild Boar Hunting at Bear Bridge Ranch
As a Florida native, and active member of the Florida Outdoor Writers Association, it is my honor and privilege to share our great state with fellow sportsmen/women. Florida is the most populous state in the Southeastern United States and the fourth most populous in the entire country, and for good reason. Our tropical weather is Picture Florida Perfect, and, for the sports enthusiast, the opportunities are limited only by the imagination. Our lakes, ponds, and rivers, as well as insure-offshore waters are a dream come true for the serious fisherman. Florida, 'The Fishing Capital of the World,' is in a league all of it's own. Join in the adventure as my good friend, Mr. Tony Cangelosi, and myself explore the wonders of this tropical paradise on earth we call Florida.
Tony, the son of very proud Italian LEGAL Immigrants, was born in New York City. He attended Catholic grade school and High School. Tony, now retired, served the people of Tampa for thirty five years as a detective, school resource officer, and corporal with the Tampa Police Department.
Tony & I were members of Madison county's Buck & Boar Hunting Club for twenty years. To us hunting & fishing is a way of life; we demand the best. Buck and Boar was, is, just that. In 1993 Tony met his wife to be while hunting at B&B. In 1998 he married the girl of his dreams, his hunting and fishing partner, the lovely Terri:

For over forty years I have been fishing the far off Florida Middle Grounds and vicinity  with Madeira Beach, Florida's family owned and operated Hubbard's Marina. First the Florida Middle Grounds:

And then 'Wild Boar Hunting at Bear Bridge Ranch:

Over a decade ago Mr. Tim Randolph had a vision, a vision not to import exotic animals, but to provide a safe, enjoyable, hunting experience centered around truly wild game. Tim envisioned not only hunting and fishing but also great wildlife viewing opportunities. This was the birth of Bear Bridge Ranch; the birth of a legend. One major problem, Eustis, Florida, home of Bear Bridge Ranch, has a large black bear population. No fence in the entire area was safe from being trampled by bears. No problem! Tim had the answer, a Bear Bridge; a 'Bridge' for bears to climb over rather than destroy a fence:

Tony snapper this picture while wild boar hunting at Bear Bridge Ranch:

OK! Join in the action as we go in HOT pursuit of the Florida Wild Boar Hog. Give them corn, plenty of corn, and they will come. Our guide, the very experienced Mr. Scott Maybury, a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces and trained hunting guide, spreads the corn:

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Wild Boar Hunting with Bear Bridge Ranch
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 02:01:56 PM »
They are here and very hungry:

After waiting, and waiting some more, finally; the hog of my dreams:

With my Marlin 1895 Stainless Guide Gun I take careful aim and, with
a mighty blast,  send the unimaginable  power of that ULTRAMAX Round Nose 405 GR 45-70 on its way. Hog down, hog down and out.
Watch the shot 3:40 minutes into the Youtube video at the end of this report:

Tony is so proud of me:

Then I hear it; the sound of Tony's BAR 300 mag. Talk about proud. This is one proud policeman:

Look at the cutters on Tony's trophy:

What a hunt. This place is awesome. Let's go back to our lodge. This, like everything at Bear Bridge, is state of the art:

Look at that Russian. It's my life long ambition to harvest something like that:

Oh No!

Now that is different:

Talk about 'state of the art!'

Even a hot tub:

And three bed rooms:

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
Like to fish? This lake is very well stocked:

Fishing, state of the art lodge, and the best of Florida Wild boar hunting. This is a three day, two night, adventure. As we, once again, hit the hog woods, Scott expertly does his thing:

Hogs number one defense is their nose. Their number one demise is their stomach; they are always hungry. Defeat their nose and the hunter will have a much greater chance of success. Cover cents work well, but can be expensive and messy. The solution is HUNTER'S Natural Pine & Fresh Earth cover cent wafers. These wafers are very inexpensive, last for years, and are not messy:

Scott's corn and Hunters cover cent wafers are hard at work:

Bear, hogs, and now:

After waiting for hours, suddenly! Another BIG boy. Watch the shot 7:24 minutes into the video:

That 45-70 Marlin plays no games:

Neither does Tony's 300 BAR mag:

After hunting and fishing in Florida for over sixty years I thought I had seen, done, it all. Not even close. Bear Bridge Ranch is in a class all by itself. I have hunted all over Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Maine, and New Mexico. But I have never before had an adventure like this.
Check out the short, action packed, video of our trip. (click on the Youtube link):

https://youtu.be/au34Mk8wI5E

Bob Harbison   Florida Outdoor Writers Association

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »
Very  nice. Thanks Bob
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
 whs t^

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 03:24:10 PM »
 clp   Thanks so much. You are why I do what I do.

Offline BradSparks

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »
That's definitely looks like a great adventure!

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 07:51:31 PM »
Thanks!   Be sure to check out my latest, Re-visiting Two Guys And A Hog.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-