Author Topic: Northern NJ Tidal River fishing spots.  (Read 11413 times)

Offline Mike Cavalier

• Shore Fishing
Northern NJ Tidal River fishing spots.
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
It is 80 in April and therefore time for the annual Striper Run.

Does anyone have any fishing spots from last year on the lower Hackensack or Passaic rivers?
How about the Newark Bay or South Kearny?

Even though it is a 30+ minute drive for me what about the
Carteret fishing pier vs Perth Amboy for the shore fisherman?
Any comments?

I haven't had too much luck at Liberty State Park along the Hudson River in past years...too much seaweed.
Anyone have success? Care to share specific location, tips and tricks?

I live right in the middle of all these waterways, yet last year I only caught 2 striped bass in these lower river systems that should be teeming during April to June.

I should not have to go over the Raritan Bridge to fish for striped bass during this season.

Desperately seeking help,
Mike
Mike

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Northern NJ Tidal River fishing spots.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
 grtn .. You sound like a Bayonne guy. There is always some action going on around the bridge there. Fish along the old train bridge in the river. Good Luck......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Mike Cavalier

• Shore Fishing
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
No, actually a Kearny guy. However, I did find two spots in Bayonne other than the one you mentioned under the Bayonne Bridge. One is a fishing dock in Veteran's Park at the west end of 25th street.(One keeper was caught while I was there on Monday.) The other is an interesting setup for fisherman provided by the Port Authority NY/NJ. It is too recent to be shown on Google earth but it is on the east side of Bayonne off Port Terminal Road about 100-200 yards past the Port Authority offices facing south. They set up 15 or so pole holders and a few bait cutting stations with benches and parking. (I guess they got tired of chasing the fisherman from the end of the concrete pier.)Pulling up a 20 pounder isn't easy according to one fisherman's story. He caught it last Saturday and now brings an extendable gaff when fishing there. Next time I go there, I will take a picture and post it.
You are further south. Care to give up any spots is I get adventurous?
Mike

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 02:03:58 PM »
Haven't been on here in a while. Actually haven't been in Bayonne in a while either. I moved down to Miami a little while ago and haven't fished the areas around you in a while. However including some of the areas already mentioned, here's a few more. Bayonne on first Street. There's about a mile of shoreline on kill van kill including a small dock all the way east. Hudson county park. Lots of bulkhead access on Newark bay. 16th street park, again plenty of shoreline on Newark bay. And lastly, Hoboken has plenty of piers on the Hudson. Let me know if you have any questions.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-