Author Topic: 4/30 evening/early morning  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
4/30 evening/early morning
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:45:08 AM »
Got a late start after some side work. headed down to the park at about 6. Arrived a little after 715. started down towards the inlet. Threw lures for a few minutes but my night vision wasn't good with campfire smoke around us. Tossed out a bunker chunk to soak. Started reeling in to check my bait and to put a heavier sinker on and felt a lot of dead weight. Ended up being a pretty big skate. Unhooked and reset. A couple casts later, same thing happened. Made a move north but hard to spot the soft structure in the dark. Had to use my bat hearing for the waves. Stopped around beach 16. Set out and soaked for about 20 minutes while I did a few things. Started to reel in to change out my chunk. Got about 15ft from the wash and my line started peeling off. Whatever it was grabbed my bait right off the hook. That was around 1230am. Reset and checked/changed every 10 minutes since we had the bunker to go through. Nothing going on. decided to call it a night at 130. My friend caught a small skate when bringing his line in. That was the night. Camping out for an all nighter next weekend.  Hope fully the water warms up a bit more this week

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 4/30 evening/early morning
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »
Thanks for the report.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 4/30 evening/early morning
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-