Author Topic: 5/6 overnighter  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
5/6 overnighter
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
Contemplated all day with the weather reports. Said to my buddy, "screw it lets go. I got a full tank of gas". Left just after 8 got down the area to get bait. Had a hot tip of a wicked bite by some guys restocking on their bait for the night. Gators were hitting hard off the piers in the bay. Took a ride to check it out to find that all the streets heading westward towards the bay were barricaded due to local flooding. Didn't want to take a chance getting a ticket or worse. Headed into the park. tried a couple spots with no action. moved a bit more north. Found a couple 12" schoolies and a couple skates. Set up camp for the night and had a little bonfire. Winds never died down and nothing was keeping us warm so decided to go park in the lot and catch a nap. 430 everyone starts rolling back into the parking lot. Start the car and head towards the inlet to get a spot. winds still kicking and some rollers breaking over the wall. Made a couple casts but tough conditions. worked the beach north again. Had 1 run off but nothing the next hour. Took a ride up to squan to find the parking lot near full already at about 7am. Hit up the tackle shop for some lures I lost in the night. Headed home and slept the rest of the day

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: 5/6 overnighter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
Next time . Marine forecast for wind in Raritan Bay this week after Monday doesn't have anything stronger than 5MPH .

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
 fcp ... Sounds like a rough one ... thud
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:35:48 AM »
 t^  You tried,,
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-