Author Topic: 5/21 NJ Governor's surf Fishing Tournament  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
5/21 NJ Governor's surf Fishing Tournament
« on: May 21, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »
Was a pretty tough day fishing and looked like it was the same for everyone in my line of sight. Great so see that many people come out for the tournament though. Also good to see was the amount of high school teams that registered for the new division. Anyway, Wanted to stay out Saturday night but was too tired to deal with the conditions so I stayed home. Headed out about an hour later than I wanted to. Got down to the park, registered, and hit the beach to find a spot. Didn't even bother turning south towards the inlet since I knew it would already be jam packed. Turned north and kept going until I found some open space. Set up shop and started playing with some lures. Couldn't get a good cast in with the east wind so hung up the lure rod. tossed out a bunker chunk. After about the 5th piece I felt something on it. Guessing it was a skate by the look of the chunk. Only bite I had all day. Didn't see anyone around me with any action. Only 1 bass registered and the rest were blues. It was a 34" bluefish took the trophy.  next week heading down to cape may to do some spending, then to AC for lunch some fishing.  Hopefully the fluke will be hitting

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: 5/21 NJ Governor's surf Fishing Tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »
 Thanks for the report t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 5/21 NJ Governor's surf Fishing Tournament
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-