Author Topic: 07/19/17 Midshore Trip  (Read 8141 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
07/19/17 Midshore Trip
« on: July 20, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »
Left the dock 0300 with buddies Walt, his son, and Paul and headed south towards the 25 fathom hole. The seas weren't as laid down as I was anticipating but, we made the are around sunrise, running slower because of a lack of great moonshine. Got to the numbers which I received from 2 legitimate reports and there was NO life at all  thud I had just re-propped the boat trying to get better economy but, was not 100% its range yet so, we decided we would not push any further south or east.

We fished the area for a while in the African heat without a sniff. Moved to the fingers and found a whale or porpoise, tuna chicks, and the largest sea turtle I have ever seen. We got the 8 rod spread out and quickly marked a fish we saw it come and grab a black/purple chrome islander with ballyhoo on it. It didn't come tight. The rest of the day consisted of 2 other marks and 2 other hookups and dropped fish. The closest we were was having on hooked and taking line on the Avet 30 for a minute or two but, that was it.

Not confident on the new range of the boat we headed into BI for a splash of gas and took the scenic route back to Manasqaun. How do you BI guys afford fuel there? $3.30 for 89 octane? That is NUTS  nts It was my first time taking the boat through the inlet and that far north in the bay. It was a nice ride. I think I will do it again as I think it actually my be a quicker ride and less mileage.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 07/19/17 Midshore Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
 t^ ... Thanks for the report Fred, Time to invest in air conditioning ..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »
Great report Fred.. t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 05:44:40 AM »
You have it a good shot.   Ask for a fuel flow sensor for your birthday. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-