Author Topic: Stupid Question.............  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Stupid Question.............
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »
I'm looking at Tsunami TSTBC-761HW for my budget trolling setup. I ordered 2 Penn Squall 60LD's for the reels. My stupid question is, would using mono instead of wire with this rod have any pos/neg effects?

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
Re: Stupid Question.............
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »
 The only thing that would make it a truly wire rod is the heavy duty all metal eyes. I couldn't tell you if ideal eye size is different for wire versus mono, and for a true bunker spoon rod I think you want atleast a 7' rod for the pulse, but that could in turn be a pain in the arse trying to hand leader a tuna.

Being a spoon rod, it should have a soft tip on it to allow the bunker spoon to pulse/sway. Wether that would be a benefit for palegic trolling, dunno. Might make baits skip better or not. Lots of guys are now pulling stretches nowadays and it might help there, but dunno.

There should be better choices for that kind of money though. I picked up some penn rods to start with that was clearanced out for like 20 bucks or something it was.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:51:10 PM by Reel Time »
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »
 Here are tsunami rods with ande's name on them at a good price,, Ande rods

Or for a few bucks more, here are some star rods, Star Rods the arial rod line has 5 year warranty.

I have 4 star rods for three different uses and think they're awesome. I also think tsunami's are awesome, but they are starting to get crazy on their prices.

Make that five star rods, 2 for surf, 1 jigging, 1 surf plugging, 1 palegic spinner.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:48:57 PM by Reel Time »
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:27:15 AM »
Thanks. Trying to find the Ande rods. Looks like I might have to go down to egg harbor tomorrow to get a pair.  I don't see Ande or Star much in stores anymore. Was just at the local sporting goods and only saw 1 Star Rod and 1 Ande rod. I was looking at that tsunami since it's supposed to be a decent spoon rod but I think I'll just wait and get the Majas

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-