Author Topic: keyport 8/19  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
keyport 8/19
« on: August 19, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »
hit the keyport pier for a couple hours this morning. was trying to hit a party boat tomorrow so wanted to try and catch some snappers. Met with my friend down there who didn't have any luck. Lots of peanuts were around but mostly out of net casting range. broke out the surf rod and snag rig. brought in a peanut and put it in the bucket. Snagged another a few minutes after and let it drop. had something chasing it a few minutes later but whatever it was ate it right off the hook. Same thing happened to a couple other lines we had in. set out another peanut and my friend caught a small bluefish about 4lbs. Went to KMB to get some ice. When I came back, the presence of peanuts was diminishing. Went back to the car to grab my plug bag, which was still in the boat rgmn. once I got back to the pier no life was around. Called it a day about 1030. Amazing how friendly everyone was one the pier (major ball busters though but in a friendly way). Few of us helped a guy who fell out of his kayak under the pier get back on the dock, people sharing bait and rigs. All just collectively fishing/crabbing.  TT^   Might hit IBSP to hang out through the night and fish the morning, Undecided yet

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: keyport 8/19
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 06:07:45 PM »
Going to be a nice evening to be surf side . Go for it !

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:16:03 AM »
 t^ t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
 t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-