Author Topic: 9/17/17 Late Tog Report  (Read 1124 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
9/17/17 Late Tog Report
« on: September 20, 2017, 08:09:52 AM »
After a couple weeks of no fishing for me it was nice to get back out. With the forecast of a big heave and E/ENE wind mixed with S seas I was a bit concerned but we had two game plans. Either head to SRR for bonito or stick close to shore for some t-shirt tog. Hit the inlet with buddies Mike (Sharbite) and Mike and his 12 year old son. Hit the inlet to some nice big rollers and decided as a group to go north in search of tog/porgies. Made our way to our fist stop off of the red church but, had little action so, we picked up and moved North. Set the hook and had bites but, nothing really coming up other than very small seabass. Saw the familiar boat of Eddie Hunter and gave him a call. He was gracious to share some real estate with us and we slid in next to him. We caught about 20+ legal tog, only keeping our 4 man limit, about 18 porgies and a few nice 3# seabass which went back. Overall it was a very nice day on the water.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: 9/17/17 Late Tog Report
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:13:39 AM »
Nice trip, it sure was nice out,  good to see you out slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 9/17/17 Late Tog Report
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »
 t^ .......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-