Author Topic: NJ Fishing & Boating Weather Outlook Weekly Edition: Dec 4-8, 2017  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member

Another mixed week with mainly cautious to hazardous water conditions. There will be a chance of showers all week, except for Thursday. However, Tuesday and Wednesday will be the days with the  highest chances and the other days will be very low. Highs will range from the 40’s to the 60’s with lows in the 20’s to 40’s. Water conditions will be cautious to hazardous to start the week with borderline to good conditions to end the week. Water temperatures are steady in the 50’s

High pressure over the Northeast today slowly moves offshore tonight through Tuesday. Low pressure moving across southern Canada will drag a cold front through the region Tuesday night through Wednesday morning. Arctic high pressure builds into the
Northeast and Mid- Atlantic for the rest of the week. Low pressure passes south and east of the region Friday and Friday night. Another cold front passes through the region next weekend.

Have a great week and thanks for reading!

Monday Surface Analysis

Tuesday Surface Analysis

Wednesday Surface Analysis

Thursday Surface Analysis

Friday Surface

Total Precipitation Monday - Saturday

Total Precipitation Monday - Monday

Sea Surface Temperatures

Surface

20 Meters (≈65 feet)

NWS OPC Sea Surface Temperature 3 Day Loop

NWS OPC Gulf Stream Currents 3 Day Loop

Ocean Currents

Surface

20 Meters (≈65 feet)

Weather Outlook Sponsored by Buoy Weather
The Global Marine Forecasting Solution!

*****These forecasts are a general extended outlook for weather and water conditions over a large area, covering all of NJ and adjacent coastal waters to 50nm.  Weather and water conditions can and do change frequently and can also be different for specific locations.  Water conditions ratings are general guidelines only.  Make sure to check the specific seas and winds for the area you will be traveling.  Every boat and captain has different operating values.  You should always check the most updated weather and water condition forecasts at NWS/NOAA and/or Buoy Weather or your trusted weather source before venturing out![/i]

*****Forecasts obtained from Buoy Weather & the National Weather Service (NOAA)

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: NJ Fishing & Boating Weather Outlook Weekly Edition: Dec 4-8, 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »
 t^ .. Thanks Matt ..  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Nor'Easter/Snow for Friday & Saturday
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:30:02 PM »
Good Evening! I have been watching a developing Nor'Easter over the last few days. Initially, I thought it would stay well offshore with just some rain or snow showers to the area, however the last few modeled trends have brought more accumulating snow to the state.

As a moderate cold front moves into the area, low pressure will develop along a front offshore and move to the northeast. As with all Nor'Easters, track and intensity will greatly affect the outcome. Right now, the track will bring less than in to 3-4 inches across the state. South NJ and areas just west and then mainly east of the I-95 Corridor will be in the greatest accumulations. Snow showers will start tomorrow and snow will develop Friday Night through Saturday Night. A more westerly track will bring more precipitation onshore and a more easterly track will bring less. Areas from Maryland through Maine will see snow. Coastal affects should not be too bad, however, if the low comes east, it will bring coastal effects including winds and flooding. Highs will be in the 30's and 40's with lows in the 20's to 30's with even colder air and a stronger cold front moving in after this storm on Sunday.

Water conditions will be cautious to hazardous with gusty winds, high seas, Small Craft Advisories and Gale and Storm Warnings for offshore seas.

I will have a full Outlook tomorrow night for the weekend, but I wanted to get this snow potential out there. REMEMBER, coastal storms always need a lot of right conditions to come together, so there is always a high bust potential.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:57:27 AM »
 t^ ... Thanks Matt ...  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 08:41:42 AM »
 t^ will be waiting for new report
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Saturday Snow
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
I want to get this update out before I do the Outlook. A significant Winter Storm/Nor'Easter will affect the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Snow totals have been increased, as a coastal low tracks along the coast bringing snow to the state. Snow has begun in southern areas and will increase south to north, with the bulk of NJ in snow by early Saturday Morning. The peak of the storm will be from sunrise through afternoon hours, tapering off by Saturday Night. Track and intensity will drive this forecast, so there is bust potential. Anywhere from 1-6 inches or more are possible. Maybe some gusty winds, but otherwise, no coastal effects besides high seas and winds.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-