Author Topic: Living the American Dream  (Read 4493 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Living the American Dream
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:25:16 PM »
 slt
America proudly wears the term 'melting pot!' 

A 'melting pot' built on LEGAL immigration. Immigrants from many different countries, races, and religion hoping to find new opportunities, and, most of all, a better way of life in America, America...the land of the FREE, the land of the American Dream:

The population of the United States is exploding:

Exploding with those seeking:

One word that would best describe the 'American Dream' is something that America cherishes more than life itself...Freedom!

But freedom is not free. December 7, 1941, Japan attacks America:

December 8, 1941, The United States declares war on Japan, Japan, a country that had never lost a war. December 8, 1941, the year Bob was born.
December 11, 1941, Germany declares war on the United States. Hitler declares the 'Third Reich' will last a thousand years:

May 8, 1945, Germany surrenders.
During the final stages of World War ll, the United States detonated two nuclear weapons over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima, 8/6/45, and Nagasaki, 8/9/45.

The bombs were dropped after obtaining the consent of the United Kingdom, as required by the Quebec Agreement. The two bombs killed over 129,000 people.
9/2/1945: Japan signs unconditional surrender on the deck of the 40,823 ton displacement USS Missouri, the Mighty Mo!

The 'one thing America cherishes more than life itself...Freedom,' is not free.

America has paid, is paying, and will always pay, the price for Freedom!  We will always be...

For many sportsmen/women our 'American Dream' is centered around fishing and hunting. In the land of the Free there is outstanding fishing from coast to coast:

And from the far North:

To the far South:

In the land of the Free there is outstanding hunting from coast to coast:
As a life long Florida native fisherman and hunter,  nothing expresses the 'American Dream' better than being on the water or on the field. I harvested the elk in New Mexico, and the deer in the snows of Maine:

The turkey in Tennessee:

This big boy in Georgia:

And the hogs, many hogs, in Florida. My 60+ years of hunting is well represented in my den:

I am very proud to have lived my entire life in Central Florida. I planted these now mighty oaks from the smallest of acorns. Watching them grow is simply amazing. And that's just the beginning. Looks like my banana trees are coming alive with Spring in Florida, yes Spring. We are looking at blue skies and 80 degree weather. Talk about Paradise on earth!

The tiny pines I planted decades ago are now reaching to the sky:

I often spend hours watching the wild chickens and squirrels enjoying dinner:

America proudly wears the term 'melting pot!' The legal influences of many different cultures, different ways of life, has greatly contributed to 'Living the American Dream!'
Bob Harbison  Florida Outdoor Writers Association

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Living the American Dream
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »
 t^ t^ .... Well said ..... chrz chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »
 clp  Thank you sir.  What an honor sharing America with our Northern neighbors.

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »
Very well said Bob.  t^  t^  My favorite words, "LEGAL immigration." The pics you found are awesome. I would love to see the next picture in that Pacific photo where they are trying to get that giant Blue Marlin I think into such a small boat.

Hope your asthma is better and you can go on the next trip.

I was sad when I saw people in your last post in coats, sweat shirts and wool hats. Did the temps get down to 60 or something like that? hhppy  rofla

Tight Lines,
Bob G  slt  chrz
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:09:06 PM by njbob49 »

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »
Thanks!   Asthma is much better.
Pictures: Spent a lot of time researching history & pictures for this article. You make every minute time well spent.

Would also love to see that Marlin in such a small boat. Glad I was not in it!

Weather permitting I hope to be on the 3/30 trip, and many thereafter. Got my still & video cameras charged and ready to go.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-