Author Topic: Inshore fishing south jersey  (Read 4938 times)

Offline Phillies881

Inshore fishing south jersey
« on: April 05, 2018, 11:24:39 AM »
I’m fairly new to salt water fishing and I am looking for areas to fish inshore that would be accessible with my 14” Jon boat. Just looking to have fun with my kids nothing crazy, I’m located in Medford nj, any suggestions would be Appreciated

Thanks

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Inshore fishing south jersey
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »
From your area I would launch at the Barnegat Dock

MAP here

Alot of open water there.. and some good channels to fish out of..

And    wa

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »
we did pretty well with short fluke last year when we ended up renting a skiff during the gov't shutdown.  Lots of boat traffic though

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:12:51 AM »
 wa
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Phillies881

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help so would barnegat bay be safe on a jon boat?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:33:01 PM by Phillies881 »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »
... Define.. "safe" ;D  I would say no launching from the west side and trying to get to the east side.  there are some channels you would have to cross.. and there is a lot of boat traffic..  But I have see Jon boats out there fishing..

I have member selling this boat and he fished it in the bay.  If it's small than this I wouldn't venture out that far..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:18:04 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 01:45:58 AM »
Welcome aboard. I've seen several types of 14 jon boats. Low freeboard narrow beam boats and big beefy wide beam boats. I'm hoping you have the latter of the two. Remember it may be calm when you launch but those South West winds usually kick up in the afternoon. That said, Tuckerton/Little Egg Harbor and Port Republic have some good options with some ramps very close to the fishing grounds. Great Bay Blvd aka as seven bridges rd. has a couple of small marinas with ramps and are the closest to the fishing grounds. Capt.Mikes rings a bell for one. Water can be shallow at low tide. Be forewarned.
In Mystic Island at the end of Radio rd. is Great Bay Marina. Good ramp. Great people, small restaurant with excellent food and nice tackle shop. Put's you right out on Great Bay by Graveling Point. Very busy on weekends.
In Port Republic, right off the Parkway you have Chestnut Neck boat yard. 4 ramps, great people, new big fishing/boating supply store. Puts you on to the Mullica River. Super busy on weekends.
About a mile down the road from there is Nacote Creek Marina. Small, quiet protected place even on weekends. Ramp, some bait and tackle, picnic tables. It's put's you onto Nacote Creek which leads to the Mullica a few minutes away and to Great Bay.

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-