Author Topic: 5/4 Leonardo Sea Robins, Bass, and Blues? (maybe)  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
5/4 Leonardo Sea Robins, Bass, and Blues? (maybe)
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:16:07 PM »
Hit the road at 6am. All the usual spots of mine were already too crowded for my liking. Decided to head towards the naval pier. Much to my surprise, NO ONE THERE. Shortly after 1 "Spectator" (catch my drift?) shows. Had a few sea robins literally at my feet all morning and they stayed around until I left. About another hour passed soaking clams and tossing a few lures (forgot my lure bag) until the next couple guys came along. One of them had a nice 30"ish fish on the 2nd cast. Beach filled in a bit more since Mr Spectator made his phone calls. The 2 guys left with the keeper so I climbed in the spot. No luck. Give up and go back to the truck. gear stowed and waders off. I get in the truck and what do I see? Some splashing just on the border of casting range. Break out the binoculars and see some fins on the surface. A good space between fin and tail. Jump out grab the lure rod and head to the water as Spectator's eyes are all on me now. The sun broke through a few minutes and now saw 5 sets of fins. Yelled at a guy walking off the beach and pointed. He got the message. In the end, 3 of us trying to get them to bite but to no avail. Stopped at another beach in Monmouth just to scout a spot. talked to a guy who just came in off his boat. He said the bunker were out towards the hook tip but he had no luck trolling plugs.  Might head back later if the weather is still good.  Forecast was for crappy this morning or I'd have tried to get the boat out myself

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: 5/4 Leonardo Sea Robins, Bass, and Blues? (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-