Author Topic: New Kayak Fisherman  (Read 4172 times)

Offline faviles5566

New Kayak Fisherman
« on: May 06, 2018, 09:05:21 AM »
Hello everyone,

It feels great to join this community as I have been reading lots of posts that are very helpful. Now, I have been fishing freshwater lakes for I'd say about 2 years now and there are several rules on where you can fish from my personal experience.

I just purchased my first Kayak from Perception and noticed that finding a spot to kayak fish in isn't as easy as finding a body of water and putting my kayak in there. I plan to do some saltwater fishing as well but I am unaware of how saltwater regulations work. As a child I've always been down to Seaside Heights with my family and we always crabbed and fished off a dock, never did I see any sort of kayak in the water. I tried searching online for any sort of rules set for kayak fishing in saltwater and kept coming short. My question is, does anyone know a specific body of water where I would be able to fish out of my new mini boat? I know it would require some sort of licensing but I plan on getting that done too.

Thank you!
Frank

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: New Kayak Fisherman
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:45:19 AM »
Here is a link to the NJ Marine Digest which has our saltwater regulations. Also attached is a link for the free saltwater license which you need to fish all saltwater in our state

http://www.eregulations.com/newjersey/fishing/saltwater/

saltwaterregistry.nj.gov/

Offline faviles5566

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:47:45 AM »
Awesome information. I really appreciate it! clp

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »
 grtn wa

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 08:52:50 AM »
I always pass Kayak fishermen on the Manasquan River anywhere from the Canal to the Inlet, which at times can be a very productive area.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-