Author Topic: We Call it Catching  (Read 1227 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
We Call it Catching
« on: July 16, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
 slt  We Call It Catching
On the extended over-night Florida Fisherman ll trips we play no games. We not only call it fishing... 'We Call It Catching'! This is serious fishing for serious fishermen/women. Yes! Women are always welcome, they contribute greatly to our trips. Problem is, it's embarrassing when the men are out-fished by these angleretts. 
The Florida is setting all kinds of American red snapper records this year. To date there has been 14 over-night trips. Every one has completely limited out on Red snapper. We are talking about a two day limit. The average catch of American reds alone has been over 170 per trip. Proper management has done its job. Now it's time, past time, for a real season with a real possession limit. As we who actually fish know Red snapper are extremely aggressive and often take control, control at the expense of other species. As an example, on the Florida Middle Grounds many prime mangrove snapper areas are now over-run with nothing but American reds. To sustain a healthy fishery we need management, not over-management, of our fishery.
Friday, July 13, 2018, will it be limited-out number 15, or will Friday the 13'th prove to be too un-lucky? Only one way to find out, join us on the Florida as we find out together.
We are not just ready, we are eager to, get ready to rumble. Tammy is ready and so are we:

After a 'Jersey Girl' special meat ball sub, and a good, comfortable, ride out the time has come to 'Call It Fishing'! Night time fishing on the Middle Grounds and vicinity often defies the imagination. First up the elusive, hard to catch, great to eat, Mangrove snapper:

Mr. Tim Fischer, Nineveh, Indiana, drove 1,000 miles to fish the Fishing Capital of the World. Tim is proud of his hard fighting, great eating, Almaco jack:

This fighting-machine can be found all over our Gulf of Mexico, as well as the Eastern Pacific, from California to Peru, and even in South Africa. Guys, that  big smile on Tim's face is for real.
As a rule we do not catch too many American reds at night, however:

Looks like Saturday morning could be a 'little' on the wet side:

No problem! We will stuff ourselves until our Florida sun-shine continues:

Thank you Tammy, that was great. Now, once again, let's 'Call it Catching'! It's American red snapper time:

What has become a tradition, Tim Fischer helps sister, Marsha Summers, celebrate her birthday while fishing on the Florida.

Marsha now lives in Bradenton, Florida. Tim, and good friend Nick Richasdon, live in Indiana. They drove 1,000 miles to fish our waters.
Summer fishing in Indiana can be a 'little' different from Florida:

To say Winter, and Winter fishing, in the Hoosier state is different from the Sunshine state would be a gross understatement:

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: We Call it Catching
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 08:37:13 PM »
Guys/Girls, I tried my best to bring you a complete report, the sight would not allow me. We in Florida have so much to share with our Northern friends. Wish we had the chance.

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: We Call it Catching
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »
Guys/Girls, I tried my best to bring you a complete report, the sight would not allow me. We in Florida have so much to share with our Northern friends. Wish we had the chance.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-