Author Topic: What did you catch today?  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
What did you catch today?
« on: July 20, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
I caught a GoPro with selfie stick, a rod and reel, A pair of sunglasses, and a pair of pants............. Now I'm by no means a kayak angler but I do like to go out on the reservoir and fish from time to time. Was going to take the boat out but my guest didn't have any saltwater gear. Decided to paddle Round Valley and fish the same spot I did a few weeks ago. Got out to a nice calm reservoir. Paddled to the spot. Nothing looked remotely the same. A downed tree I used as a marker disappeared and another growing up out of the water was gone also. Fished anyway. a few bites but none of the big boys I saw were around. So I spot a fish swimming franticly in a circle on the bottom. Break out the gopro (with a float) (*with a selfie stick), and start filming so I can see what fish it was later. I reach for something and the gopro goes in the water. try to grab it with the paddle and end up going for a swim. I see the gopro and try to dive after it but it gets away. I swim up to the kayak and start kicking to land but I'm dragging. try to kick my water shoes off when I feel my pants start slide off. A few kicks later I was in my boxers. cfzd Got to land and drained the water out of the kayak. My neighbor in the next cove over saw the kayak flipped and came over. tried to dive after the treasure but it was deeper than it looked. Grabbed his pole and got everything back other than my RTIC water bottle  thd Sadly the video of the fish SUCKED. LOL......End Adventure

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: What did you catch today?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »
I am glad you made it out of the lake safely.  clp  Now seriously, did anyone get a picture of you coming out of the lake in your boxers?  hhppy  cfzd Thanks for sharing this scary, but very funny story.  msfsh

Tight Lines,
Bob G  slt  clp  chrz

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
Thanks Bob. Unfortunately he was more worried about me than getting the greatest pic of me ever. lol. Also note, I don't really "swim". I know enough not to panic. and I can thank G.I. Joe (the original cartoons) for that. Knowing is half the battle

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »
 nosmly
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
 thud cfzd
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-