Author Topic: 2018 American Red Snapper Season  (Read 2139 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
2018 American Red Snapper Season
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:55:11 AM »
2018 American Red Snapper Season
How was your American red snapper season? Good I hope! Please share your experiences.
As a life long Florida native fisherman & hunter I take great pride in participating and sharing what the Sunshine State has to offer.
My first experience with the Florida Middle Grounds was in 1976 with Captain Wilson Hubbard on the Florida Fisherman l:

Huge Gag grouper an Mangrove snapper were plentiful, but absolutely no Red snapper.
In 2002 the 'Gulfstream' high pressure natural gas pipeline system was put into commercial operation. The fifth an final phase was commissioned in April 2011. The pipeline originates from a gas gathering system in Mississippi and terminates in Coden, a coastal fishing village in southern Mobile County, Alabama, where the gas is compressed. The pipeline then traverses the Gulf of Mexico terminating in Pinellas County, Florida.

The 745 miles long pipe line's diameter varies from 16 to 36 inches. It has a transmission capacity of 1.29 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day, which is enough to generate clean electricity for 4.5 million Florida homes.
Many experts agree that the American red snapper followed this pipe line across the Gulf of Mexico into such places as the Florida Middle Grounds. Today the Grounds, as well as many offshore structures in the vicinity of the line, are home to ever increasing numbers of Red snapper. Remember, before the line, many Florida areas had no American reds. Now they appear to be spreading out even more.
In 2018 the Florida Fisherman ll saw it's best American red snapper season ever. Virtually every extended overnight trip completely limited-out, two day limit, on Red snapper. Let's take a look:
June 1, 2018:

June 8, 2018:

June 15, 2018:

June 22, 2018:

June 29, 2018:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:57:24 AM by harbison »

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: 2018 American Red Snapper Seasoni
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:57:05 AM »
July 6, 2018:

July 13, 2018:

July 17, 2018:
This was the only overnight trip that did not completely limit out on American reds. We caught our share of Red snapper, however, we were preparing for life after ARS season. The gag grouper and mangrove snapper fishing has been good, and, as the weather cools, it will get even better. After all, this is Florida, Florida where there is always fish to be caught twelve months out of the year.

'Catch' the short, action packed, video of the 2018 American Red Snapper Season:

How was your American red snapper season? Good I hope! Please share your experiences.
Bob Harbison
Florida Outdoor Writers Association

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: 2018 American Red Snapper Season
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:20:06 AM »
Thanks
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 08:00:08 PM »
 slt  What an honor sharing with our northern counterparts. Hopefully some day I will have the opportunity to feature you in one of my reports.
Leaving 7/27 for a 44 hour full moon snapper trip. This is a typical full moon catch:

Best to you & yours.  Bob

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-