Author Topic: Small Boat Tuna  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Small Boat Tuna
« on: July 26, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »
Seeing some reports of tuna inshore, I'm getting tempted to trailer to ports south of the bay and make a run for it. Problem I'm just realizing is I don't really have a box fish enough to hold a larger catch or multiples. So wondering what any of us here with smaller vessels do to manage storing the fish for the rest of the trip? Also, who wants to come along? lol

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Small Boat Tuna
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »
 5hrug ... Never had that problem, I had 1 large cooler that fit 3 fish which was the most I had in the boat at one time. Fillets take up less space ... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 08:59:41 PM »
I have the large cooler..  I never had an issue getting a couple fish in it..  You can always head and tail it. but that portion has to be at the min length..

I also carried contractor bags and a large blanket.. 
if needed i would fill the fish with ice in bag and wrap it in the blanket out of the sun..  If I ever had that issues.. I would be heading in with it right away..

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 09:09:47 PM »
that's a pretty good idea. I always have contractor bags with me and have plenty of moving blankets I can use. I can fit a probably 1 medium size tuna in each of my compartments in the bow and/or I can put ice under the console to use that space.

What would you guys recommend for extra safety gear? Thinking about a raft but not sure where that'd fit either.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-