Author Topic: 7/29 short notice trip  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
7/29 short notice trip
« on: July 29, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
And I mean short notice. Tried to get out yesterday but wasn't liking the spotty storms and their disappearing/reappearing act. Went down to the marina and did a few things on the boat. Then went and did some freshwater at the reservoir. ended up with 1 smallmouth and 1 rock bass. Chatting with my friend and mentioned I wanted to take the boat out today. He wanted to go surfing. Proceeded to warm him it was going to be dead flat where he was going and should just head to my boat. Did he listen? Of course not. Get a call at 9 asking where my boat is docked. So had to rush my equipment together and head down.

Down to the action. Plenty of marks from the marina all the way out to Scotland Wreck just outside the fleet in that area. Drift down towards the 6 can picking up 2 keeper sea bass, 1 dogfish, and free-netted a keeper sized tog which was vented and released. Guess the party boat picked it up and it drifted towards us. Had some fish swimming on top I was pretty sure were bunker but they had a longer profile. Couldn't get a good enough look. Had a small antenna on the fin and a wide round white belly. Headed in just after 1. Saw 1/2 a sturgeon carcass floating on the way. Docked and went home

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: 7/29 short notice trip
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 05:36:02 PM »
Not a bad day...

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
 chrz

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 05:59:01 AM »
1/2 Sturgeon carcass = shark lunch. Stop by the boat and say hi sometime, we are there most weekends

Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
1/2 Sturgeon carcass = shark lunch. Stop by the boat and say hi sometime, we are there most weekends

One day I'll catch you guys over there. Lol.  I always look to see if you guys are out when I'm coming over the bridge. Is that restaurant across the street any good?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:56:56 PM by Takes Prizoners »

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »
 t^ ........  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 05:49:09 AM »

One day I'll catch you guys over there. Lol.  I always look to see if you guys are out when I'm coming over the bridge. Is that restaurant across the street any good?

The Blue rock and Up The Creek are both ok,
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-