• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: WMO
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Jakes not handling it too well.  I guess I wouldn’t either
He has a valid point

The only thing I am mad about is that the white marlin open weighs fish in half pound increments. This whole situation could be easily avoided and it just isnt fair to me that I must adhere to all sorts of rules and details only to have the tournament tell me my fish fell into the same fairly wide range of weights as another fish. 

Nothing exact or precise about it. Those two fish did not weigh the exact same thing. They both weighed somewhere between 80.00 pounds and 83.50 pounds but we will never know which one is bigger very simply because the tournament didnt do their job in properly and fairly scaling the fish. 

With a couple million dollars depending in the outcome of their scaling of the fish, I dont feel like it's wrong for me to feel like I got screwed in this deal.

And even if I had won the money and another team had been screwed over on the money, I would still feel the same.

I want to know if my fish was the biggest fish caught in the tournament.  It just defies all logic to me that I will never know. I'm a competitor. And I just want to know.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »
I agree
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »
I'll bet next year no boat gaffs their white marlin catches.

I looked through the rules earlier and obviously it states the non-gaffed fish wins but what happens if both are gaffed or non-gaffed and how the decision is made. No mention of 1st fish vs 2nd weighed or a length tie breaker. Maybe there's a more detailed set of rules given to participants?.......

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »
Crazy stuff
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-