Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

275968 Posts in 29827 Topics- by 7096 Members - Latest Member: ssaaydeh711
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WMO  (Read 1045 times)
Hotrod
Administrator

The Phyllis Ann

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »

Jakes not handling it too well.  I guess I wouldn’t either
He has a valid point

The only thing I am mad about is that the white marlin open weighs fish in half pound increments. This whole situation could be easily avoided and it just isnt fair to me that I must adhere to all sorts of rules and details only to have the tournament tell me my fish fell into the same fairly wide range of weights as another fish. 

Nothing exact or precise about it. Those two fish did not weigh the exact same thing. They both weighed somewhere between 80.00 pounds and 83.50 pounds but we will never know which one is bigger very simply because the tournament didnt do their job in properly and fairly scaling the fish. 

With a couple million dollars depending in the outcome of their scaling of the fish, I dont feel like it's wrong for me to feel like I got screwed in this deal.

And even if I had won the money and another team had been screwed over on the money, I would still feel the same.

I want to know if my fish was the biggest fish caught in the tournament.  It just defies all logic to me that I will never know. I'm a competitor. And I just want to know.

BigAl13
Super Hero Member

Fish out of Keyport

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »

I agree

Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.
Takes Prizoners

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »

I'll bet next year no boat gaffs their white marlin catches.

I looked through the rules earlier and obviously it states the non-gaffed fish wins but what happens if both are gaffed or non-gaffed and how the decision is made. No mention of 1st fish vs 2nd weighed or a length tie breaker. Maybe there's a more detailed set of rules given to participants?.......
Hunter 2
RFA-NJ Member
Super Hero Member

36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »

Crazy stuff

Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren" sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: