Author Topic: Hunting and fishing in Paradise  (Read 2809 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Hunting and fishing in Paradise
« on: August 09, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
 sltHunting and fishing a lifetime in Paradise
What an honor being a Florida native, a Florida sportsman.
As a life-long Florida sportsman nothing pleases me more than to reflect on memories of days, years, decades, long gone. To share these memories with fellow sportsmen-women all over this great country of ours is to me a dream come true. Come along with me. Join in and share your memories as we take a look at, 'Hunting and fishing a lifetime in Paradise'.

I was born the day after...

the attack on Pearl Harbor.
By the late middle fifties I was fishing the Florida 'Middle Grounds' just South of Gandy Bridge. The trout fishing was outstanding.
Rabbit & deer hunting with hounds on the thousands of acres of open area sand hills around Weeki Wachee Springs was outstanding. (LtoR - brother, me, mother)

During the summer bass fishing in the many small lakes was very good.
In the late fifties we decided to take our hunting to the next level, we joined a club near Floral City, Florida:

The snipe, duck, turkey, squirrel hunting was superb:

It was a family affair:

During the sixties the fishing was outstanding:

We sold grouper for 25 cents a pound:

We took our tarpon fishing seriously. We won many awards in in the Tarpon Fishing Tournament:

By brother and high school friends were very involved:

Often we would invite the local media. Mr. Archie Blount, Tampa Times:

In 1970 I married Thelma, the girl of my dreams. Thelma was born on a mountain in Tennessee. She loved to fish & hunt. We bought three acres and a pond loaded with bass:

We loved to fish along the grass flats just before Honeymoon Island:

Our three daughters often joined us at camp:

Next up, our hunting camp for the next twenty years, Madison County's Buck & Boar:

The hunting was outstanding:

The camp cook-outs were enjoyed by one & all:
[URL=http://s644.photobucket.com/user/harbisonphoto/media/Remembering%20Fl%20Fishing%20and%20hunting/24_zpsxeyzillh.jpg.html]

And for good reason! Ever try wild boar on the grill? You will never forget it:

Thelma & I celebrated out 39'th wedding anniversary while hunting at B&B. No place better than Madison County's best, O'neal's Country Kitchen:

Little did we know this would be our last. Cancer took her, and our daughter, Betty, shortly thereafter:

To say the losses was devastating would be an understatement. Life, as well as hunting & fishing, as I knew it was over. Eventually I was able to make the best out of the situation. Enter Two Guys & A Hog Outfitters. Less demanding, but still the excitement of the hunt:

Exciting to the max!

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Hunting and fishing in Paradise
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »

My guide, Francisco, a long time fixture at Two Guys, guided me to my personal best ever:

What a way to celebrate big birthday number 76:

I have always loved to make people happy. Sharing our Florida, our Paradise, does just that. I began sharing both hunting & fishing stories many decades ago. My Marina of choice, Madeira Beach, Florida Hubbard's Marina. First up, fishing on the 90' Florida Fisherman l with the man himself, Captain Wilson Hubbard:

Today it's a real fishing machine, the Florida Fisherman ll:

The fishing is outstanding. I took this picture:

To talk about family, to talk about tradition, is to talk about fourth generation owned & operated Hubbard's Marina:

What an honor being a Florida native, a Florida sportsman.
Bob Harbison
Husband, Father, Native Florida Sportsman, and proud member of the:
Florida Outdoor Writers Association.

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:47:02 PM »
 t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 09:11:08 AM »
 t^ .......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-