Author Topic: Hunting and fishing in Paradise  (Read 2830 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Hunting and fishing in Paradise
« on: August 09, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
 sltHunting and fishing a lifetime in Paradise
What an honor being a Florida native, a Florida sportsman.
As a life-long Florida sportsman nothing pleases me more than to reflect on memories of days, years, decades, long gone. To share these memories with fellow sportsmen-women all over this great country of ours is to me a dream come true. Come along with me. Join in and share your memories as we take a look at, 'Hunting and fishing a lifetime in Paradise'.

I was born the day after...

the attack on Pearl Harbor.
By the late middle fifties I was fishing the Florida 'Middle Grounds' just South of Gandy Bridge. The trout fishing was outstanding.
Rabbit & deer hunting with hounds on the thousands of acres of open area sand hills around Weeki Wachee Springs was outstanding. (LtoR - brother, me, mother)

During the summer bass fishing in the many small lakes was very good.
In the late fifties we decided to take our hunting to the next level, we joined a club near Floral City, Florida:

The snipe, duck, turkey, squirrel hunting was superb:

It was a family affair:

During the sixties the fishing was outstanding:

We sold grouper for 25 cents a pound:

We took our tarpon fishing seriously. We won many awards in in the Tarpon Fishing Tournament:

By brother and high school friends were very involved:

Often we would invite the local media. Mr. Archie Blount, Tampa Times:

In 1970 I married Thelma, the girl of my dreams. Thelma was born on a mountain in Tennessee. She loved to fish & hunt. We bought three acres and a pond loaded with bass:

We loved to fish along the grass flats just before Honeymoon Island:

Our three daughters often joined us at camp:

Next up, our hunting camp for the next twenty years, Madison County's Buck & Boar:

The hunting was outstanding:

The camp cook-outs were enjoyed by one & all:
[URL=http://s644.photobucket.com/user/harbisonphoto/media/Remembering%20Fl%20Fishing%20and%20hunting/24_zpsxeyzillh.jpg.html]

And for good reason! Ever try wild boar on the grill? You will never forget it:

Thelma & I celebrated out 39'th wedding anniversary while hunting at B&B. No place better than Madison County's best, O'neal's Country Kitchen:

Little did we know this would be our last. Cancer took her, and our daughter, Betty, shortly thereafter:

To say the losses was devastating would be an understatement. Life, as well as hunting & fishing, as I knew it was over. Eventually I was able to make the best out of the situation. Enter Two Guys & A Hog Outfitters. Less demanding, but still the excitement of the hunt:

Exciting to the max!

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Hunting and fishing in Paradise
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »

My guide, Francisco, a long time fixture at Two Guys, guided me to my personal best ever:

What a way to celebrate big birthday number 76:

I have always loved to make people happy. Sharing our Florida, our Paradise, does just that. I began sharing both hunting & fishing stories many decades ago. My Marina of choice, Madeira Beach, Florida Hubbard's Marina. First up, fishing on the 90' Florida Fisherman l with the man himself, Captain Wilson Hubbard:

Today it's a real fishing machine, the Florida Fisherman ll:

The fishing is outstanding. I took this picture:

To talk about family, to talk about tradition, is to talk about fourth generation owned & operated Hubbard's Marina:

What an honor being a Florida native, a Florida sportsman.
Bob Harbison
Husband, Father, Native Florida Sportsman, and proud member of the:
Florida Outdoor Writers Association.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:47:02 PM »
 t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 09:11:08 AM »
 t^ .......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-