Author Topic: Privater Charter Fishing Fort Lauderdale Topshotfishing Happy Day Toda  (Read 882 times)

Offline Capt. Zsak

• Top Shot Fishing
  • Sponsor
Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak

Kevin, Jackie and David Jones chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  Conditions for the day were cloudy skies with the wind direction out of the east; the seas were 3 to 4 feet. 

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore.   If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you would find yourself in 500 ft. of water.  We trolled out to 150 ft. of water with four surface Ballyhoo baits and two deep planner lines.  We fished the reef area up and down, from deeper waters into shallower waters, trying to find fish over rock structures, reef and wreck structures.  In this area, the anglers started catching Kingfish on the deep planner lines.  Working in 135 ft. of water, we had steady action for a few hours.  Almost all the bites we got were on the planner rods with Bonita strips and sea witches.

I made a turn offshore searching for Mahi Mahi’s.   We went out to deeper waters hoping to find some sign of fish in the area, such as birds, floating board or a weed line.  While heading offshore, I spotted a few birds diving, so we headed towards that area.  We trolled our baits over, and as soon as we passed the birds, two lines came down - we had double header Mahi Mahi’s on the lines.  The anglers grabbed the rods and started bringing in the fish.  The Mahi’s fought hard, pulling drag out and swimming back and forth, jumping and sounding.  The anglers did a great job bringing the fish to the back of the transom where our mate, Joe, gaffed the fish and put them in the fish box. 

We went back to trolling and continued searching the area.  I went to even deeper waters, going out to 800 feet, and found a rip line.  This is where the currents meet, and it’s a good area to fish.  Working up the rip line, I saw a school of flying fish get out of the water.  The anglers caught four more Mahi Mahi’s, bringing the total catch of Mahi’s to 6.   We then trolled back over the reef structure and got an enormous bite.  This fish ripped out half a spool of line.  After a battle, we gaffed and brought a 40 lb. Kingfish into the boat. 

It was now time to head back to the dock.  The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.  At the dock, Joe filet out the catches for tonight’s dinner.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net   Website:  www.topshotfishing.com

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Privater Charter Fishing Fort Lauderdale Topshotfishing Happy Day Toda
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:22:25 PM »
 t^ ........  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-