Author Topic: 8/29 I'll back before lunch. I swear.........  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
8/29 I'll back before lunch. I swear.........
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:55:28 PM »
Never made it out Sunday. Left the marina around 530. Cleared the sailboats and ran. Got outside the hook and straight out from the highlands bridge, huge pods of bunker all jumping clear out of the water. Grabbed the snag rod ended up snagging a cocktail blue. kept at it to get something to take home or use for fresh bait. Didn't even have to try hard, the blues were chasing the snag hook. lol. Target area for the morning was Shrewsbury Rocks so after losing a few jigs to the blues, headed south. Got in the area and a few boats were leaving. Only me and a kayak fisherman in the area. Had 1 keeper fluke, about 14 shorts. Then the boats that left the area, motored back in. lol. I headed back north but the spots I wanted to fish already had traffic on them. said screw it and started my way back to the marina. On the way in found a nice current edge around the hook. Set up and had another 10 shorts and 1 searobin. Tried fishing the channels on the way in. marked lots of life on the bottom but nothing was hungry. Gave up and headed in for real this time. I was only supposed to stay out until around 1030. Was trying to time the tide so I wasn't trying to dock with that screaming current again. Well that was shot to hell anyway but my neighbors boat is out somewhere so it wasn't that bad by myself.  t^

Also, saw lots of rays in the bay. But their friend Mr. Cobia was not with them. I was going to try casting around the markers for them but apparently my braid on my spinning reel has become insanely brittle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:57:59 PM by Takes Prizoners »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: 8/29 I'll back before lunch. I swear.........
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
 clp t^

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:52 PM »
Good report , thanks .

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 08:11:48 AM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-