Author Topic: For The Love of The game  (Read 2772 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
For The Love of The game
« on: October 06, 2018, 07:02:24 PM »

For The Love of The Game
For many who call Florida home October is the beginning of a very special time of the year:

The days are getting cooler, the nights shorter, and the fish are on fire. October, 2017, was no exception. The grouper fishing was outstanding:

Soon it will be time for good friends to enjoy the woods together:

And time for Friday night High School Football. 
My interest in Friday night High School Football began in my freshman year, late fifties, at one on the toughest High Schools in the country, Jesuit High School, Tampa, Florida:

To call Jesuit tough was a huge understatement. If the Latin did not get you, the harder-than-hard Algebra would. Often I would come home, sleep a few hours, then study the entire night in preparation for the many challenges sure to come the next day. No one could survive four years of this. But I not only did, I graduated in the top 1/3 of my class. 
Jesuit tough me to be responsible, to be a man, to appreciate family. In 1970 I married Thelma. I worshiped her and our daughters:

After 39 years of marriage cancer took Thelma, and, shortly afterwards, Betty, our youngest daughter. Once again, Jesuit was there for me. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!
I have been following Jesuit football ever since graduation.
This Friday Jesuit has a very big game. After parking my Special Addition Camry in the same spot I parked decades ago:

It's off to Tigers' Den:

This year the Tigers are undefeated. Two weeks ago Jefferson took the BIG Blue Machine  to the limit. Jesuit won in the last few seconds with a field goal. This Friday the Tigers have a home game against Kissimmee, Florida's, Osceola High School. There is a debt to be paid. Last year the Kowboys humiliated the Tigers:

The Tigers are ready for a fight:

This is not the Pros. We respect the Flag and what it stands for:

The BIG Cat is ready:

The Jesuit defense is terrifying:

Time to put some points on the boar:

There WAS a debt to be paid:

A shot, interesting, video:    (click on the YouTube link)

A time for Friday night High School Football. 
 For The Love of The Game

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: For The Love of The game
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 02:30:42 PM »
How did you guys fare through the storm?

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: For The Love of The game
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »
  t^  We in Central Florida had no problems. North Florida's Mexico beach was all but destroyed.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-