Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

276257 Posts in 29901 Topics- by 7101 Members - Latest Member: Jconrad
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnacles  (Read 364 times)
Takes Prizoners
Super Hero Member

« on: October 28, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »

Pulled the boat out by myself last night at high tide after the blow. Just finished powerwashing the scum off the bottom. The bottom paint held just fine and didn't have any barnacles attached. However, the bottom of transducer was covered. What do you do to help prevent that? It's a transom mount, not a thru-hull. Only other barnacles I found were in the tight spots in the transom bracket. Those usually blow right out with the powerwasher.
Down Deep Fleet
Sponsor

THE TWO 40' 1-15 PASSENGERS DOWN DEEP FLEET

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:18 AM »

Be careful removing the barnicles off the face of the transducer. Look online for the safest way to do it. In the past I have used an ultra fine grit sandpaper ( only sand in one direction, flow wise not port to starboard ) and lightly coat with a “transducer anti-fowling” paint. It is sold in a small white container, maybe 3 or 4 ounces and has a brush inside the cap. Good luck.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:40:22 AM by Down Deep Fleet » Logged

DOWN DEEP - 40' CUSTOM DUFFY -
U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS 
20 KNOT CRUISE / HUGE 15' X 14' COCKPIT / HEAT & A/C

DOWN DEEP BULL - 40' CUSTOM RP -
U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS / HUGE COCKPIT

CAPT. MARIO 609 827 1232
AVAILABLE DATES & RESERVATIONS 609-689-8631

1 GOAL 2 BOATS 3 CAPTS 4 MATES 5 STAR SERVICE
-----
http://www.downdeepsportfishing.com/ddsf/
Takes Prizoners
Super Hero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 05:39:07 PM »

Be careful removing the barnicles off the face of the transducer. Look online for the safest way to do it. In the past I have used an ultra fine grit sandpaper ( only sand in one direction, flow wise not port to starboard ) and lightly coat with a “transducer anti-fowling” paint. It is sold in a small white container, maybe 3 or 4 ounces and has a brush inside the cap. Good luck.

Thanks. I wonder if any of those dissolver solutions would work good. Never knew the paint could go over the transducer. Never had them grow on the transducers on my old boats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png