Author Topic: Are you beach ready?  (Read 5248 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Are you beach ready?
« on: March 24, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »
I know I'm not.  Being away for a while and now with a different vehicle I have tons of stuff to get ready.  First thing I did was to pick up my beach buggie pass for IBSP.  Next is to look in the garage for all the stuff that was taken out of the Expedition and get rid of a lot of old rigs.

Looking at the reels I have to replace at least 3 or 4 of them with new line.  Plus take them apart and clean and oil them.  Always do this before every season anyway. 

Being it is a new truck for me I also have to put on a new front receiver for the cooler rack.  That's going to hurt the ol pocket book for a while.  The truck is a 2013 Ford 150 with EcoBoost.  It is a Super Crew cab which is fantastic for taking on passengers.  It has a 6.5 food bed just big enough to put the kayaks back there with the tailgate down.

Well that is just the truck.  I noticed my supply of streamers and flies is low so I will be tying more in the evenings.  Don't forget to check the hooks on your plugs I noticed some of mine have rusty hooks that need to be replaced.  O like to clean my plugs with WD40 not only does it clean well but I am told the main ingredient is fish oil.  Not a bad thing.

Well I think that is it for a while.  That should keep me busy.  I am so looking forward to getting back onto the sand once again.

So if you see a white Ford 150 with a small cooler rack on the front (hopefully, I should have it on by then) with an old guy with white hair snoozing in the front seat come by and say HI.

BTW what are you doing to get ready to fish the suds let us know.  Were all getting older and sometimes we forget things (not).

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
Re: Are you beach ready?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
I'm no where close to ready, but it will happen quick. Still got to get my pass too.

We got about the same truck (2014 stx scab with 5.0) and I picked mine up for like 150 on amazon, should be same one for you.

If you're gonna do it yourself and want a hand installing it I'm free most fridays. Pretty simple procedure, I removed my air dam instead of cutting it out to fit.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »
Thanks for the help but I am going to have Hect Trailers install it.  With back issues I don't want to take a chance of relapsing. 

Y have a bunch of streamers I tied so were all set in that department.  I have been looking for my Strun tire deflaters but so far they have been elusive.  Great that set was 70 bucks.  Oh well, it is what it is.  I will keep looking.

Next are the reels that have to be cleaned and re oiled.  Then new line put on.  Then it is time to go fishing.  I hope...

I have plenty rigs so were good to go there.  Plug bags are full just have to check the hooks.

Whew, then I hope I'm ready.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 08:33:31 PM »
I bought the JT Brooks deflators a couple years ago. They worked pretty good. Had a bad one that I just didn't use for a year. I didn't remember where I bought them. Saw the guy at Surf Day and gave me a new one. So I know they'll stand behind the product.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:26 PM »
Looking forward to your reports Paul.. Stay healthy t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 11:09:53 AM »
Thanks Rod, I'm trying everything to from having back surgery.  With that said, This week I am having a front receiver put on the truck so I can put the cooler rack up there.

Cleaning of the reels is underway and after that I will be putting new line on all my surf stuff.

Man this is going to be an expensive Spring, but oh so needed.  The blues should be picking up in the bay and I'm sure IBSP will soon be crowded especially back by the sedge islands.

So, if you have not reacquainted your selves with your favorite bait & tackle shop I suggest you get there soon.  The river this year is teaming with life and it looks like an early run might happen. If this happens don't be caught with your waders down.

See y'all in the surf.
Be safe...

IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-