Author Topic: no love today  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
no love today
« on: April 07, 2019, 06:08:38 PM »
Got on the road at 530. arrived at Union Beach just before 6. Had to wait on my friend to arrive. While waiting, every set of headlights in the area had a destination of that parking lot. Made a move to Leonardo. Much to my surprise, there was already a handful of guys in the water. Never encountered people there that early. Most guys were walking off just about then. We waded in and made some casts. No fish other than the loneliest bunker who found it's way snagged on my popper.
Allegedly in recent days a crowd of fishermen had their gear confiscated for wading too close to the pier.
Made another move to Monmouth Beach. Friend soaked some bloods while I tossed lures. Nothing for us but saw 1 person manage a short on the pier.
Last spot for the day was perth amboy under the rt35 bridge. Thought it was gonna be good with all the kayaks we saw. Only made a couple casts with all the debris along the shoreline. called it a day around 11.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: no love today
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
Sorry it didn't work out . Next time .

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 05:02:18 AM »
tough day, I did see lots of yakers in the back by the amtrak train bridge...most i have ever seen...thought they might be on to something and slowed up and watched a bit Saturday...looked like some sporadic bunker splashes here and there...not sure how they been doing? interesting cause these guys usually keep in touch with whats happening.... chrz
Freedom 3

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
yeah, there was atleast a dozen yaks right there and a couple small motorboats. Maybe next week, I'll tow the boat for a day trip

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-