Author Topic: Fishing License Issues  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Fishing License Issues
« on: April 13, 2019, 12:24:31 PM »
Anyone looking to obtain a freshwater license, be sure to call ahead and make sure the system is working wherever you're going to purchase. My cousin has been to a few agents last week and all were having issues. We just got back from a local firearms dealer who also does fishing licenses and encountered the same issue.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Fishing License Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 11:16:17 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I know the Hook House in Toms River has a bunch of different licenses including freshwater and I believe hunting as well. 

One thing I heard Dennis say is that no credit or debit cards only cash and I believe checks only.  But good advice call ahead.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 07:50:13 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I know the Hook House in Toms River has a bunch of different licenses including freshwater and I believe hunting as well. 

One thing I heard Dennis say is that no credit or debit cards only cash and I believe checks only.  But good advice call ahead.

Yeah. Most of the older businesses I know that do licenses are cash only. But some of the newer places or big box stores accept plastic also. No clue why

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 10:38:19 AM »
The state does not want to loose the revenue to the CC companies.  You can get a license on line but there is a 1.25 charge and a percentage for shipping and handling if you want it mailed to you.  The shops would be taking the hit simply because it is their CC account.  Plus and for what reason stores like Walmart do not handle all licenses ie, shellfish.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »
forgot to update this. found the solution a couple weeks ago. If you choose to renew or register, either use your Fish & Game ID# or your SS#. Unless something has changed with the "new" system, it will tell you your DL# is not valid. Once I figured this out, my cousin had no issues getting registered.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-