Author Topic: 4/16/2019 Finally getting out this weekend...  (Read 13405 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
4/16/2019 Finally getting out this weekend...
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
If everything goes well I should be back on the sand this weekend after a long hiatus with health problems.  The tackle box is all replenished with some new lures (Tsunami floating 5" talkin Popper) and some old time favorites like the Spro bucktail jig in the 1 1/2 oz sizes.  These will be tipped with some kind of curly-tail for movement.

I have not added any new rods or reels to the tackle but I will be changing out the line as it is a couple of years old.

The truck is new to me it is a white, 2013 Ford F-150 with a Super Crew Cab and a 6.5' bed.  I just had a front receiver put on by Hecht Trailers and although it looks low I was assured it was Okay, we'll see.

My rod holder holds 6 rods and a small cooler with 2 extra holders at a 45 deg angle to hold rods while dead sticking.  My tackle boxes are still a mess but I know where everything is so that is good enough for me.

If you see me out there stop by and say HI.  My license plate is N2HYG my Amateur Radio call and up front there is a New Jersey Beach Buggie plate with the numbers 4567. 

Oh yeah, I am mostly on Island Beach State Park or lurking at the Hook House talking with Dennis or over at Betty & Nicks feeding my face or talking with John about fishing.  Plus if you need a reel worked on see John as well.

If your into Amateur Radio I monitor 146.835 repeater or 146.520 simplex.  So if your licensed give me a call (N2HYG) on the air. 

Have a great day and be safe out there...
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-