Author Topic: Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage  (Read 1571 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage
« on: August 30, 2019, 09:05:05 PM »
 slt  Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage

We who call Florida home have so much to be thankful for. Ever wonder why so many live or want to live in our Tropical Paradise?Florida is now the third most populous state, and the eighth most densely populated state, in the entire country, and for good reason.Our tropical weather is the envy of the entire nation, and the avid sportsman/woman can find woods/swamps loaded with game, and our fishing is some of the best in the world.December 8, 1941:Bob is born, born to hunt and fish. In the late forties my fishing career began fishing the far-off Tampa Bay Mangrove Snapper Banks, 1/2 mile off Port Tampa, in a boat just like this one.In 1961 I graduated from Jesuit High School and then the University of Tampa.By that time hunting and fishing had become a passion with me. In the early sixties I met Mr. Bobby Hicks, sports editor for the Tampa Tribune.We became good friends. Bobby was my mentor. He taught me the importance of 'Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage.' We wrote many columns together.I fished the waters of Tampa Bay and the close to shore Gulf until 1976 when I met a man who had become a legion in his own time, Captain Wilson Hubbard:Under the guidance of Captain Hubbard I was fishing the far off Florida Middle Grounds instead of the Port Tampa Snapper Banks. Captain Wilson's boat of choice was the Florida Fisherman l:In 2004 Captain Wilson's son, Captain Mark Hubbard, took over as President and General Manager.What an honor fishing with Captain Mark Hubbard on the Florida Fisherman ll:Hunting, as well as fishing, has always been a passion with me. In 1970 I married Thelma. This lady loved to hunt; she was very good at it. She harvested this beautiful deer in the high snow covered mountains of Maine:Together we hunted all over the country:What a thrill calling in this Alabama turkey from hundreds of yards away:Thelma, my wife, my fishing-hunting partner for 39 years, is now fishing and hunting in heaven.Our daughter Dee:Years ago I was sponsored by the OnLineFisherman as an active member of the prestigious Florida Outdoor Writers Association. FOWA is made up of the outdoor industry's top communicators, conservationist, and industry-related companies who are dedicated to 'Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage!' What an honor!The Heritage continues:Today Captain Dylan Hubbard (Capt. Mark's son), generation number 4, runs Hubbard's Marina. In the not too distant future we will be fishing with generation number 5, Captain Dylan's son, Captain Jack Wilson Hubbard:Join me in, ' Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage.' When in the field or on the water always have that camera ready:This is our Florida... That perfect shot can come at any time:Bob HarbisonFlorida Outdoor Writers Association

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 11:57:37 AM »
 t^ ..............  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Conserving Florida's Outdoor Heritage
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »
Thanks!  What an honor sharing my life with you. 

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-