Author Topic: 5/7/2019 It's on...  (Read 2695 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
5/7/2019 It's on...
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:32:50 AM »
Okay guys its a little late but everything is starting to pop.  Both out front and in the back bay area there are tons of big blues and keeper size stripers. 

If you don't like the back well that is okay as you have the same thing out front.  The water is starting to calm down and it looks great.  Yesterday there was grass in the wash but it looks like today will be fine.

The bait of choice are metals off the bottom but try whatever you are comfortable with.

In the bay if you have a boat or kayak look for holes and fish the drop offs.

As far as time it looks like dusk is the magic hour right now.  I would fish the hour before and the hour after.  It is almost a guarantee you will be into something. 

If you don't like IBSP for whatever reason just go north I hear the holes are holding fish as well.

I have always said wait till Mothers Day and the big guys will be here.  Well Mothers Day is this Sunday and here they are. Looks to be a great season this year so get out there and have fun.

If your not sure where to fish once you get to the beach read my article on how to read the beach the link is on the home page.  It will give you some incite as to where to start. 

Again, get out there and fish and make sure you our local bait and tackle shops because without them all your needs would not be met to catch the big one.  Plus the more you use them the more they will recognize you and open up and give you more information as to where the hot spots are.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: 5/7/2019 It's on...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 06:30:14 AM »
 t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 5/7/2019 It's on...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 08:43:40 AM »
 t^ ..................  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-