Author Topic: 5.10/2019 Where do I fish???  (Read 4172 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
5.10/2019 Where do I fish???
« on: May 10, 2019, 04:32:03 PM »
The question I am asked a lot this time of year is "where do I fish".  Well this time of year Spot Burning deos not exist...  What do you mean?  Simple, if you can read the water and have fresh bait you can go almost anywhere and catch fish.

Back bay???  Yes!  Out front???  Yes!  If your looking for Blue Fish try any inlet because they are on fire.  If your looking for Stripers, all along the Jersey shore you can pretty much pick any good spot and bait and catch shorts to pretty sizable big keeper stripers.

One bit of advice I can give you is make sure your bait is fresh.  Weather it is clams or bunker (bait of choice for many right now) it should be fresh.

Go to any bait and tackle shop, pick up some juicy fresh bait and by doing so I can pretty much guarantee any question you might have it will be answered.  Try and get that from any big box store.

So my advice is to get out there and wet a line and see who shows up at the other end.  Oh, remember to Register as it is the law now.  It only takes a few minutes.  Plus make sure you have it on you while your fishing, the CO might not want to wait till you look for it.

If your not sure how to read the water take a look at the tutorials on this site. 

Have fun and be safe.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-