Author Topic: FISHERMEN/Saturdays Report  (Read 1651 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/Saturdays Report
« on: May 11, 2019, 04:50:09 PM »
FISHERMEN/Saturdays Report

Spent 6 hours covering the Ocean & a whole lot of miles looking for a bite....and I mean A BITE!

Read bait & some fish in several area's with no takers. Went into overtime hoping we wouldn't get a Donut and lucked out....Landed a couple keepers and a short, stayed late praying it would get better but the boat traffic just wouldn't allow it. I'm sure with the readings at the end of the day anyone fishing tonight will beat on them....just not us.

On another Note for the Adults with small children, if a Captain tells you to maybe try a 1/2 day in the bay and explains why for many reasons, please don't think they are wrong and think your child is going to have a good time. Nothing worse than loosing a future fishing pal because they got their ass kicked and didn't have a good time. I couldn't allow a customer today to bring his young son knowing we would be fishing the ocean. Beside the fact that we are jigging, this young man couldn't spend the day in the cabin. Dad would have lost him forever....

Thanks for finally listening to me Dad, hope you had a great day with your Boy and that you get to spend many happy fishing memories together.
Not sailing Sunday & Monday as the weather is going to be hellish with wind & rain....12 days till Fluke Fishing!
Capt. Ron

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
Re: FISHERMEN/Saturdays Report
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »
 clp clp clp great effort, great advice to dad....not sure all Captains would do that?.....could have and most likely would have lost a future fisherman for sure!.... chrz chrz chrz
Freedom 3

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:58:36 PM »
 t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 06:16:59 AM »
 t^ was slow for sure, we found a few but it wasnt easy
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-