Author Topic: Keep Fisherman Fishing Website  (Read 15268 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Keep Fisherman Fishing Website
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:53:35 AM »
From Captain Tony Bogan:

Please take a moment and go to www.keepfishermenfishing.com.

During the coming weeks and months the site will grow beyond the original "United we fish" which was only the first step, and will move into the more important and all encompassing "Keep Fishermen Fishing & Keep Fishermen Working"

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Keep Fisherman Fishing Website
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »
 t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »
Good Post Bob t^

Offline Last Call

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »
 t^
LAST CALL

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies,....
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain,....
For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston,....
And so nevermore shall we be seeing you again.

Offline MVP

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:21:14 AM »
nice

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
 TT^

Offline Tom

• AKA tcdethom4
  • First striper caught in the surf!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »
 t^
Here fishy, fishy!

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »
 t^

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »
 t^ slt t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 09:38:11 PM »
 t^ t^

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 05:46:01 AM »
 TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline sperzonkers2

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »
 t^bookmarked
Bill

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »
First This is not so much my opinion, But facts of Years Past And a Bit of History. I am Tired of hearing how the fisheries are managed, When one only has to follow the MONEY  ::).Lets go back to The Foreign Fishing fleets that fished our waters with abandon. With our Blessing.When they were told to leave the deal was Our Boats would catch the fish and transfer the catch to their boats for MONEY  ::) Till The Mackerel and whiting were fished Out  fcp So now the fish of choice is the Sewer Trout ( LING ) that was never a target but a by catch for Party Boats, Then Came The Porgy Pirates ( Commercial Fishermen )of Raritan Bay Netting with abandonment at Night, so they were unseen, and would drop their nets when approached by the Law. So lets recap Mackerel gone for many years, Whiting still gone but for very small Spikes caught as a By catch Commercially. Flounder became in short supply but still caught  Commercially. Fluke The same for them. Then The Bunker reduction boats were band from State waters By The State not The Group of Politicians listed by this by this special group of self interest groups.After NJ banned the Bunker Boats the Striped Bass came back slowly but in great numbers we enjoy today. I just read The American Eel is in danger WOW nosmly No Kidding again they allowed for the Harvest of the Baby Eels Glass eels as they are called and sent to Japan for Big DOLLARS ( MONEY ) ::) Blue Fin Tuna, Sword Fish, All products caught and sent to Japan for ( MONEY ) ::)  The fight Now to remove the Commercial Pots from The artificial Reefs that we Paid for :headscra:  whats next LING  thud Blue Fish  thud
Dog Fish thud Sea Robins  thud Yes many will bash me but what and where ar there interest, If you want to support these groups please do. But Not Me. Change is made in the voting booth. Sorry for the Rant but non of it can be disputed. It happened.  And still going on.

Offline italianfisherman

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 05:02:10 AM »
First This is not so much my opinion, But facts of Years Past And a Bit of History. I am Tired of hearing how the fisheries are managed, When one only has to follow the MONEY  ::).Lets go back to The Foreign Fishing fleets that fished our waters with abandon. With our Blessing.When they were told to leave the deal was Our Boats would catch the fish and transfer the catch to their boats for MONEY  ::) Till The Mackerel and whiting were fished Out  fcp So now the fish of choice is the Sewer Trout ( LING ) that was never a target but a by catch for Party Boats, Then Came The Porgy Pirates ( Commercial Fishermen )of Raritan Bay Netting with abandonment at Night, so they were unseen, and would drop their nets when approached by the Law. So lets recap Mackerel gone for many years, Whiting still gone but for very small Spikes caught as a By catch Commercially. Flounder became in short supply but still caught  Commercially. Fluke The same for them. Then The Bunker reduction boats were band from State waters By The State not The Group of Politicians listed by this by this special group of self interest groups.After NJ banned the Bunker Boats the Striped Bass came back slowly but in great numbers we enjoy today. I just read The American Eel is in danger WOW nosmly No Kidding again they allowed for the Harvest of the Baby Eels Glass eels as they are called and sent to Japan for Big DOLLARS ( MONEY ) ::) Blue Fin Tuna, Sword Fish, All products caught and sent to Japan for ( MONEY ) ::)  The fight Now to remove the Commercial Pots from The artificial Reefs that we Paid for :headscra:  whats next LING  thud Blue Fish  thud
Dog Fish thud Sea Robins  thud Yes many will bash me but what and where ar there interest, If you want to support these groups please do. But Not Me. Change is made in the voting booth. Sorry for the Rant but non of it can be disputed. It happened.  And still going on.
AGREE.

Offline Reelnice

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 04:22:23 PM »
From Captain Tony Bogan:

Please take a moment and go to keepfishermenfishing.com.

During the coming weeks and months the site will grow beyond the original "United we fish" which was only the first step, and will move into the more important and all encompassing "Keep Fishermen Fishing & Keep Fishermen Working"

I just checked out the website.  What is drone fishing?  How does that work?

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 08:33:45 PM »
Just FYI, this post is from 2010. To answer your question, there were a couple types of drone fishing I've been exposed to. Up here in our area drone fishing usually was a surf fisherman sending a bait out further than casting range. This was achieved by rigging a release clip to a drone. Then flying the rigged bait or lure out until the clip has enough tension for the line to pop out. In another form of drone fishing, the drone is used similarly to kite fishing.

Offline Reelnice

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 04:17:19 PM »
Just FYI, this post is from 2010. To answer your question, there were a couple types of drone fishing I've been exposed to. Up here in our area drone fishing usually was a surf fisherman sending a bait out further than casting range. This was achieved by rigging a release clip to a drone. Then flying the rigged bait or lure out until the clip has enough tension for the line to pop out. In another form of drone fishing, the drone is used similarly to kite fishing.

Wow, that's incredible. Kinda weird, but interesting.  Thanks for explaining it to me.  I'd never heard of drone fishing before now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:18:08 PM by Reelnice »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-