Author Topic: Round Valley June 8 Free Fishing Day  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Round Valley June 8 Free Fishing Day
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:32:56 PM »
I usually mark the 2 days in my calendar to try and take some not frequent fishers out. Unfortunately I didn't mark it this year and realized it 1/2 way through the day. Was going to take a few people to our town fishing derby but decided not to (even if it was held today) due to a sewer line break on the edge of town and right along the canal. Anyway, decided to hit RV with a few people. 1st cast with the hulapopper got a bump. 2nd cast got tail slapped. Then quickly went silent. Other guys were using nightcrawlers with no luck. About an hour in, I switch to a wacky rigged rubber worm on a jighead.  Had a couple taps I thought were the rocks, then BAM nice medium sized smallie hooks up and fights. Landed, photo'd, and released. Went silent again for a while. Sun was getting low and one of the other guys working a squarebill hooks into a smallie. Went silent again, wind picked up, so we did too.

Also, FYI, Spruce Run has an algae bloom going on so there is no swimming but they are still allowing fishing and boating.  I know we don't have a large amount of freshwater guys but figured I'd warn you if you were heading there

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-