Author Topic: Kayaking for Mangrove Snappers, Hollywood Florida  (Read 2374 times)

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
Kayaking for Mangrove Snappers, Hollywood Florida
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »
Hi guys,

Just checking in. Haven't been on here in a while. While I love living and fishing down in Florida, I sure do miss Jersey fishing.

Yesterday I spent a few hours kayaking through the mangroves in Hollywood Florida. Enjoy the video.  

[youtube=640,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eG0CWoralM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 04:45:44 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: Kayaking for Mangrove Snappers, Hollywood Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
nice. 2 fish is much better than no fish. All my years fishing down there, 99% of my land caught fish were on live bait. If you can get out on the beach with your yak, there are lots of small piles and even wrecks not far off the beach. I knew some guys who would paddle a few miles off the beach frequently.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:38:34 PM »
 t^ ................  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »
Awesome.. thanks for checking in..  Time to change your profile picture : )

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:52:37 PM »

Haha at this point it's so old its nostalgic. That's me on the last day of my freshman year of high school in 2007. That was the first saltwater fish I ever caught. I joined this forum a few months later. Can't believe I'm already 27.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:31:00 AM »
 TT^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »
nice. 2 fish is much better than no fish. All my years fishing down there, 99% of my land caught fish were on live bait. If you can get out on the beach with your yak, there are lots of small piles and even wrecks not far off the beach. I knew some guys who would paddle a few miles off the beach frequently.

Thanks.  This was my first time saltwater fishing down in Florida. I've spent the last 3 years mainly going after peacock bass. They very quickly became my favorite species down here. Id like to do some more of the salty stuff in the future. Once I get more comfortable on the kayak I'll hit the ocean.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 03:10:35 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks.  This was my first time saltwater fishing down in Florida. I've spent the last 3 years mainly going after peacock bass. They very quickly became my favorite species down here. Id like to do some more of the salty stuff in the future. Once I get more comfortable on the kayak I'll hit the ocean.
[/quote]

Saltwater down that way is fun. Anything and I mean anything can jump on your hook. We used to fish Boynton inlet every morning and night. Loved when the crevalles ran through and all the rods go off. You should definitely splurge for a small cast net. The only live bait we could ever find from a shop was shrimp. They have bait boats down there so they don't cater much to saltwater baits in shops.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 11:43:32 PM »

Haha at this point it's so old its nostalgic. That's me on the last day of my freshman year of high school in 2007. That was the first saltwater fish I ever caught. I joined this forum a few months later. Can't believe I'm already 27.

Yea it would be strange not seeing that since we have seen it for the past 12 years : )

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-