Author Topic: Perks of your port  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Perks of your port
« on: October 13, 2019, 09:57:33 PM »
Boat didn't make it in the water this year due to many circumstances mostly related to work and my time to play. So next season, I plan to have the boat in the water by the end of April at the very latest. Now my friend who just bought his boat and I were talking about finding a marina to go in next year. The marina really took him for a ride money wise so he's not looking to stay there.

So the topic became, which area should we look at? Now, I always think of Raritan Bay, Shark River, and Manasquan. All are within 1 hour from home. Then on days we've been adventurous we've gone around Barnegat. My boat has the range to run all 4 areas while his is a much smaller and lighter boat with 1/3 the fuel capacity. I've always been in Raritan Bay when I've had boats, so I don't know what running the other areas are like other than what I see fishing from land.

So which area would you prefer to run out of and for what reason(s)?

I've always been in Raritan Bay when I've had boats, so I don't know what running the other areas are like other than what I see fishing from land. 

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Perks of your port
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 08:57:43 AM »
 t^ ... I keep my boat in Elizabeth Marina. I like that it's a city Marina and I can have whom ever I like work on the boat as they don't provide this service. I have a 30ft slip and pay $1800. a season for it. They also have a rack system and fuel dock. I am about 30 minutes from the triangle and 50 minutes from the hook. I can fish the Harbor on sporty days, There are plenty of rock piles for porgy and black fish. Spring and fall Strippers I can fish just minutes from the dock. There is an untapped source of bait fish in the local creeks and never had a problem with stolen or "borrowed" equipment. Most boaters there are cops,firemen or business owners and we help each other out when repairs information is needed.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-