Author Topic: 11/11 A great trip  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
11/11 A great trip
« on: November 11, 2019, 06:41:40 PM »
Departed the dock about 745. About a mile outside the sailboat moring field, saw lots of birds on a couple pods with a few boats working them. Stopped at the next pod about 3 miles after. Picked up a dogfish on an artificial sandeel. Next pod hooked into a damn searobin. Set out the mojo's to troll, snagged something on the bottom real good and ended up having to cut the line.

Made the turn around the hook and headed towards Scotland buoy. Saw some fish getting blasted. Even saw a pretty good sized shark just below the surface. Tossed shads and AVA's into the pods. Saw some big stripers following the lures but couldn't lock down the speed they wanted. Hooked into a bluefish which came off at the boat. The came a 23" striper followed by another bluefish. Moved a couple miles south and ran into some birds. Sh&% got interesting.

Hooked into a handful of shorts. All released. After about 5 minutes every oat around crowded and of course, "that guy" who runs right on top of the fish. Once that pod dispersed, we moved a bit further south. Where it got hot again. Marked a nice school on the bottom. Dropped my jig and up came a nice weakfish we lost at the boat. Dropped again and another weakfish. Then another and another. 1st one was definitely a keeper but the others were smaller.

Started moving around following the sounds of splashing. These fish really didn't want anything to do with lures.

Started moving back north and ran into awesome signs of life. Pulled a few shorts then just as the party boat arrived, reeled in a nice 30" striper. Fish kept popping up around us but no other keepers. Back at the dock at 3pm

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
Re: 11/11 A great trip
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:58:34 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip, nice action....nice catch👍🍺
Freedom 3

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:35:33 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip, nice action....nice catch👍🍺

It was definitely an interesting one. The most productive lure was a shimano flatfall jig not being worked as a flatfall jig. lol. Keeper took an AVA47 with a white tail. Only 1 fish on a shad.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:28:24 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-