Author Topic: Upper New York Bay 11/29/19  (Read 7638 times)

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
Upper New York Bay 11/29/19
« on: December 08, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »
A little late, but better late than never. I was able to go home for Thanksgiving last week and fished my old stomping grounds in Bayonne for a few days.

On Black Friday I hit up a spot I fished throughout high school and college probably over a hundred times. I posted countless reports from this location over the years. I caught my first ever saltwater fish (the bluefish in my current avatar) here in 2007. It was really nice to be back in a spot with so many memories.

Anyway, I used bloodworms figuring they gave me the most success of getting a bite and it paid off. Ended up with 3 stripers for my efforts, all somewhere in the low 20s or so. Thought I'd get some blackfish and maybe some other small bottomfish mixed in as well, but they didn't show up.

I'm including a link to the video from the day. Let me know what you think.

[youtube=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0lVKKO_eg[/youtube]

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Upper New York Bay 11/29/19
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 05:58:23 AM »
Nice...

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »
Wow..... the gymrats back in town!.... boy do I feel old..... seems I remember many of your younger days and posts here.... your last days before heading off to college....great to see your doing well and still catching fish on the ol’stompin grounds!  Thanks for the update and post.  chrz
Freedom 3

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »
Wow..... the gymrats back in town!.... boy do I feel old..... seems I remember many of your younger days and posts here.... your last days before heading off to college....great to see your doing well and still catching fish on the ol’stompin grounds!  Thanks for the update and post.  chrz

Right!!  ;D

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 09:00:58 AM »
 t^ ...............  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »

Thank you. I learned a ton from this board back in my teens. Would've loved to have stayed around longer, but between living in New Hampshire for two years and now Florida for over three, I haven't been a resident of the Garden State since 2014. Lots of fun times on here and I can't believe how long ago that was. I joined here in 2007 when I was 15 years old and I'm 28 now. Time flies.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 11:47:29 AM »
Wow, when you put the time frame up that you wee 15 and now 28, there must be a lot of OLD guys here now! ;D
Thank you. I learned a ton from this board back in my teens. Would've loved to have stayed around longer, but between living in New Hampshire for two years and now Florida for over three, I haven't been a resident of the Garden State since 2014. Lots of fun times on here and I can't believe how long ago that was. I joined here in 2007 when I was 15 years old and I'm 28 now. Time flies.
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »
By the way.... nice idea with book on fish you may encounter in the area..... also watched your videos of catching in Florida..... kinda surprised one of them snake heads didn’t show up!..... maybe they further up river in the brackish water... or strictly fresh?..... I’m sure you will run into sooner or later and post video..... good luck on your next Florida book. chrz
Freedom 3

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »
By the way.... nice idea with book on fish you may encounter in the area..... also watched your videos of catching in Florida..... kinda surprised one of them snake heads didn’t show up!..... maybe they further up river in the brackish water... or strictly fresh?..... I’m sure you will run into sooner or later and post video..... good luck on your next Florida book. chrz

Thank you. I've only caught one snakehead down here. They're actually a little more north of me. Haven't established too well in my area yet, but I'm sure they're on the way. Here's the video of the snakehead.

[youtube=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TekGjC9w_3U&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »
Nice videos slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 02:24:49 PM »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 07:15:00 PM »
(Read 3270 times t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-