Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

278469 Posts in 30472 Topics- by 7218 Members - Latest Member: Ragehead
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Upper New York Bay 11/29/19  (Read 5440 times)
gymrat987654321
Super Hero Member

« on: December 08, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »

A little late, but better late than never. I was able to go home for Thanksgiving last week and fished my old stomping grounds in Bayonne for a few days.

On Black Friday I hit up a spot I fished throughout high school and college probably over a hundred times. I posted countless reports from this location over the years. I caught my first ever saltwater fish (the bluefish in my current avatar) here in 2007. It was really nice to be back in a spot with so many memories.

Anyway, I used bloodworms figuring they gave me the most success of getting a bite and it paid off. Ended up with 3 stripers for my efforts, all somewhere in the low 20s or so. Thought I'd get some blackfish and maybe some other small bottomfish mixed in as well, but they didn't show up.

I'm including a link to the video from the day. Let me know what you think.

Hotrod
Administrator

The Phyllis Ann

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 05:58:23 AM »

Nice...

Still Running
AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
Admin

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »

thumbs up

Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com
kpcoe
Super Hero Member

21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »

Wow..... the gymrats back in town!.... boy do I feel old..... seems I remember many of your younger days and posts here.... your last days before heading off to college....great to see your doing well and still catching fish on the olístompin grounds!  Thanks for the update and post. 
Hotrod
Administrator

The Phyllis Ann

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »

Wow..... the gymrats back in town!.... boy do I feel old..... seems I remember many of your younger days and posts here.... your last days before heading off to college....great to see your doing well and still catching fish on the olístompin grounds!  Thanks for the update and post. 

Right!!  Grin

fluke - u
Super Hero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 09:00:58 AM »

thumbs up ............... 

I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.
gymrat987654321
Super Hero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »

Thank you. I learned a ton from this board back in my teens. Would've loved to have stayed around longer, but between living in New Hampshire for two years and now Florida for over three, I haven't been a resident of the Garden State since 2014. Lots of fun times on here and I can't believe how long ago that was. I joined here in 2007 when I was 15 years old and I'm 28 now. Time flies.

Pops Soul
SKIP <*}}}><
Super Hero Member

SKIP <*}}}><

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 11:47:29 AM »

Wow, when you put the time frame up that you wee 15 and now 28, there must be a lot of OLD guys here now! Grin
Thank you. I learned a ton from this board back in my teens. Would've loved to have stayed around longer, but between living in New Hampshire for two years and now Florida for over three, I haven't been a resident of the Garden State since 2014. Lots of fun times on here and I can't believe how long ago that was. I joined here in 2007 when I was 15 years old and I'm 28 now. Time flies.

It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!
kpcoe
Super Hero Member

21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »

By the way.... nice idea with book on fish you may encounter in the area..... also watched your videos of catching in Florida..... kinda surprised one of them snake heads didnít show up!..... maybe they further up river in the brackish water... or strictly fresh?..... Iím sure you will run into sooner or later and post video..... good luck on your next Florida book.
gymrat987654321
Super Hero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »

By the way.... nice idea with book on fish you may encounter in the area..... also watched your videos of catching in Florida..... kinda surprised one of them snake heads didnít show up!..... maybe they further up river in the brackish water... or strictly fresh?..... Iím sure you will run into sooner or later and post video..... good luck on your next Florida book.

Thank you. I've only caught one snakehead down here. They're actually a little more north of me. Haven't established too well in my area yet, but I'm sure they're on the way. Here's the video of the snakehead.

Hunter 2
RFA-NJ Member
Super Hero Member

36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »

Nice videos

Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren" sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.
gymrat987654321
Super Hero Member

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 02:24:49 PM »