Author Topic: Visiting Madeira Beach Florida  (Read 2894 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Visiting Madeira Beach Florida
« on: April 06, 2020, 10:23:36 PM »
Visiting Madeira Beach Florida

Due to 'stay at home' orders most of our outdoor activities are limited to watching TV, sharing with fellow sportsmen/women on the Internet, and remembering our adventures in the sun.Many of us love to fish & hunt. This I remember well: Some day, Some how...that BIG boy has my name on it:We may be down, but NEVER out.Our state has so much to do; so much to see.No better place on earth to 'do-see' than Madeira Beach, Florida:Madeira Beach's many specialty shops offer such things as crystal glassware, jewelry, casual cafes, ice cream, fancy candy shops, and beach boutiques.World famous John's Pass Village and boardwalk are the centers of shopping, eating, and just having fun for young and old alike.Before visiting the boardwalk nothing beats a dip in the crystal clear, warm, waters of Madeira Beach. You won't believer the sun bleached sand. Like to fish? Huge boxes overflowing with our catch is the name of the game:Think great fishing is just for the guys? Think again:Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus, most boats remain at dock:As 'stay-at-home' continues many of us loose track of time, of days. Captain Dylan Hubbard is no exception. Here he apologiesfor forgetting it's Sunday; for forgetting his Sunday evening live TV show:Captain Dylan assures us he will be back next Sunday.Captain, Sir, we understand. Our daily routine is in shambles. We, all of us, will be back, back stronger than ever.Thousands visit John's Pass 1,100 foot boardwalk ever year. Now it's empty:Empty but never forgotten. We will be back:Like to eat while 'Visiting Madeira Beach, Florida'?At one end of the boardwalk is the ever so famous Hooters:And, at the far end, my personal favorite, The Boardwalk Grill:The fresh cut fries are just that. Talk about good!Talk about fresh!  The nuggets are just off the boat. I watched in amazement as these tasty treats were hand breaded in front of my eyes.It just does not get any better than...So I thought. On my next visit, along with my freshly cut fries, it was lobster roll time:I have had lobster rolls in Maine.  Fantastic!Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think anything could be that good.Maine, you have met your match:Due to 'stay at home' orders most of our outdoor activities are limited to watching TV, sharing with fellow sportsmen/women on the Internet, and remembering our adventures in the sun.The Boardwalk Grill "Wanted to thank all of our employees and customers that have supported us this far. As cases rise in our area we have made the decision to close for the safety of our families, staff and customers. We can't wait till this is over and we can get back to normal. Everyone stay safe and we will keep you posted when we can re-open."  We, all of us, will be back, back stronger than ever.  Bob Harbison Florida Outdoor Writers Association 

credits:  Madeira Beach, Florida  Captain Dylan Hubbard  Hooters  The Boardwalk Grill   

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: Visiting Madeira Beach Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing Bob.  Good times like these will come back, it will just take sometime to get there. AMAZING that you found a hog with your name on the side.   hhppy  clp

I hate to do this, but I must correct you on what you ate at the Boardwalk Grill.  They call it a LOBSTAH ROll, like in Maine.   hhppy  clp

Thanks again and be safe.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz  slt

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 08:57:46 PM »
Thank you so much.

LOBSTAH ROLL  I stand corrected.  Will remember!

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »
 t^ .............  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-