Author Topic: 5/31/19 BRing on the doggies and skate  (Read 9441 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
5/31/19 BRing on the doggies and skate
« on: May 31, 2019, 11:40:20 PM »
Oh well the wife and I just got back from the beach hosed down the truck and once again in the daylight when I can see the rest of the sand deposits.

Beautiful night as we were not skunked we caught a good size skate and next to us the same plus a doggie.  The bait for tonight was mullet and bunker plus an assortment of lures.  You can't say we did not try. We got out there around 6 (high tide was 6:07 too close for me I like an hour before and an hour after) and left around 10:30 ish. Aired up, drove home, in the barn around a little after 11. Hosed the truck off and the rods and reels and now enjoying an adult beverage.

I do have one big peeve.  Why in hell do some of you idiots have to have all that illumination out there?  You must be afraid of the dark I guess.  Please knock off the 1,000,000 candle power lights if you shine those on the water and I know you did because you were about 100 yards south of me the fish are all spooked and you have ruined the night for about 20 people.  My wife and myself included.  Learn to use a red light that will not ruin your night vision.  You don't have to show off with all that illumination.  The best way to show off is by landing fish.

Sorry about the rant guys but this is why I do not like to fish at night on the weekend.  I'm lucky enough to live in Toms River close to some of the best fishing anywhere.But it would be nice to fish with the wife on a Friday night and not be bothered by some YAHOO who thinks he knows how to catch fish.

Tight Lines everyone.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: 5/31/19 BRing on the doggies and skate
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:25:27 AM »
 t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 06:47:59 AM »
 t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 09:14:07 AM »
 t^ ...............  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-