Author Topic: The Tampa I grew up in  (Read 1035 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
The Tampa I grew up in
« on: April 24, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »
As a Tampa native I remember many things about our state.  I remember when Florida was the least populated southern state. Today Florida is the most populous of all the southeastern states. The Tampa I grew up in was a tiny, backward, southern state. Today, with a metro area population of 2,877,000 Tampa is huge. In 1961 I graduated from Tampa's Jesuit High School. Thanks to fellow '61 Jesuit graduate, Mr. Monte Alfonso...For sharing with us...I Remember Tampa, by Tampa NativesThis brings back a lot of fond memories. I worked for Tarnow for ten years. I sold Tarnow Whole Hog Sausage:I grew up a few blocks from Mirabella's. Will never forget their oyster and soft shell crab baskets.Loved those .15 cent burgers:I sold hamburger meat to:This was a good one:We still have KFC. But the prices are a 'little' different:Saved the best to last. On Friday nights the Sweden House would feature king crab legs on its buffet. I was a regular. Will never forget emptying a huge tray by myself.Speaking of fine food, who could ever forget channel 13's:Remember the grocery stores of the day?Hated these:Remember:Where boys became men:Talk about fast:Talk about fun. They were really good. I attended many games:Gone but never forgotten:Guess Monte and I both looked a 'little' different in 1961:As a Tampa native I remember many things about our state. The above are just a few.How many do you remember?Bob HarbisonFlorida Outdoor Writers Association
Credits:
Tampa Natives
Mr. Monte Alfonso
Wikipedia

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-