Author Topic: Fishing for Trout and Redhish yesterday and today  (Read 834 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Fishing for Trout and Redhish yesterday and today
« on: April 27, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
Fishing for Trout and Redfish yesterday and today

I remember like it was 'yesterday' fishing for Trout and Redfish. For me yesterday was the late forties. The place was the far off Tampa Middle Grounds:When you are fishing in a 14 foot row boat with a 2 HP 'kicker' 2-3 miles off shore is a long ways. The Trout and Red Fishing on the thick grass flats was outstanding. And, in addition, the entire area was loaded with blue crabs. While fishing we would always put over a crab trap:And for good reason.Broiled to perfection Trout and Redfish, stuffed with fresh blue crab meat, was a meal never to be forgotten:In later years I remember listening to the Captain of Captains on the radio, Captain Mel Berman. He was one of the very best. One day I was wade fishing the grass flats near Honeymoon Island when I noticed this gentleman catching one trout after another, and then a red fish. As I approached I found out why. That gentleman was none other than Captain Mel Berman: We became good friends. Captain Mel knew fishing like the back of his hand. His radio show, "Tampa Bay Outdoors" began on WFLA in 1984 and lasted for more than quarter-century. While other broadcasters such as Salty Sol had broadcast fishing reports for years on radio and television, Captain Mel developed the Bay area's first successful marriage of fishing information and the call-in talk radio format. Captain Mel Berman passed away February 8, 2010. Today we follow fishing information on Florida's own Woods'nWater Magazine, and Captain Dylan Hubbard's Live Stream Question and Answer Sunday evening show:Woods'nWater often features young boys and girls fishing:Want to know the latest about Trout and Red Fishing? Before answering questions about fishing Captain Dylan shared these pictures with us:Got to go!  My Daughter, Dee, is bringing Dad homemade chicken and dressing: I remember like it was 'yesterday' fishing for Trout and Redfish. For me yesterday was the late forties. The place was the far off Tampa Middle Grounds:Credits:
Captain Dylan Hubbad
Woods'nWater Magazine
Cmarcucci

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Fishing for Trout and Redhish yesterday and today
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »
 t^ ... Good eating right there ...  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-